Finale

19. Bonnie, Sacrifice, Finale

"Bonnie you can't." Enzo pleaded eyes wide with petrification at what she just suggested.

Bonnie Bennett has just suggested using her body as a vessel for every single person brought back from the triangle, killing her in the process. Caroline was refusing, Klaus was silent, Elijah agreed, Elena was crying, Damon knew it was a good idea but refused for her to die, Stefan had supported it, Rebekah stayed silent, and Enzo was pleading to change her mind.

"Enzo it is the only way, hey look at me," Bonnie grasped his face in her small dark hands, tears gathering in her eyes, "I have to do this by tonight and I don't want my last few hours being spent you upset."

Caroline and Klaus started to leave the room after the blonde hugged the dark-haired girl tightly, promising to say proper goodbyes after her and Klaus's much-needed talk.

Klaus and Caroline sat awkwardly next to each other on the couch, eyes looking anywhere but at their partner.

"Love, look at me." Klaus lifted up Caroline's chin, locking their blue eyes in a heat filled gaze, "You know I fancy you."

"Klaus, my best friends about to die, I screwed the enemy, and no one would accept us!" Caroline rambled on, tears already spinning in her irises.

"It's not a crime to love what you cannot explain Caroline Forbes." Klaus whispered quietly into her ear, sending a light kiss to her cheek, "But you need to be able to admit that before anything can happen, but Caroline I love you."

And with that, he stood up to leave, and he actually did. The next 24 hours were eventful. Bonnie had managed to perform the spell, though it killed her on the way out. Enzo fled town right after, the emotional pain of losing the one good thing too much for him to handle. Klaus and the Mikaelson's left town with Stefan, who was currently in a relationship with Rebekah. Damon and Elena managed to get a witch to suck the cure out of Silas, both taking it swiftly after. Caroline has come to terms with her love for Klaus.

Though caroline knew it was too late.

Klaus was gone.

She'd lost him.

-
I thought for once I'd do a sad ending, it fit the stories tone best. The next book I'm already working on is very fluff oriented. So if you want light-heartedness read that next.

I love you all so much.