7

7. Confrontations, Gifts, Anger

Caroline nervously paced around her spotless bedroom. Her hair was tied in a messy braid and her outfit consisted of a white cropped Cami, a beige wool cardigan, and black spandex leggings, a gold necklace Klaus had given her laid gently across her chest. It was in the shape of a crescent moon with the words, "I'll never turn my back on you" etched into the back. It was as Klaus had put it, a token of his unwavering apologies.

Clutching it closer into her hand caroline breathed in the scent of Bleach and Window cleaner. The blonde had been stress cleaning all day in order to calm her nerves. She'd been waiting for Tyler to contact her back about when they were meeting, though it was 5 pm and no response.

"Stupid boys." She grumbled, grabbing a small cross over purse and throwing her phone into it.

Caroline walked out her door and towards the forest, the place she had texted Tyler they were meeting at 6 pm, which was currently only 20 minutes away.

Sitting down on a small wooden tree trunk caroline fiddled with her cardigan nervously. Caroline was biting her lip so tightly that it was to the point of bleeding, had her super healing not kicked in.

Crunching leaves were heard a few feet away causing caroline to shoot her eyes in the direction of Tyler. His hair was disheveled and his hands were dug into jean pockets.

"Tyler!" Caroline squealed happily, running towards him and enveloping Tyler in one of Caroline's signature bear hugs. Even if the point of discussion was going to be a downer caroline was still more then excited to see her friend.

"I've missed you Care." Tyler's whispered in her ear, stroking her golden curls softly as his arms wrapped around her body.

"Tyler, look we need to talk." Caroline pulled away from Tyler an inch, gazing her soft blue eyes into his brown ones.

"Yeah Care we do." The younger hybrid said, tilting his head in remorse, "In the mountains, I met someone..."

"Wait. Did you...?" Caroline trailed off, shock evident in her sky blue eyes and in her shaky voice. She couldn't believe him! He could have at least broke up with her before playing hooky with some mountain wolf!

"Caroline you have to understand that I never planned to fall for her-" Tyler was frantic, desperately wanting to salvage the friendship.

"You're saying you fell in love?" Tears clouded the blonde's eyes as she stepped away from her now EX boyfriend.

"Yes."

"I came here to break up with you because I was starting to feel things for other people! At least I had that decency!" She screamed, pushing him away as Tyler tried to move towards her

"Wait you had feelings for someone else? Oh my-was it Klaus?!" Tyler's demeanor quickly changed into one of bubbling anger.

"It doesn't matter! Stop turning the conversation on me when YOU cheated on ME! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND"

"Caroline please, I really want to be friends still." Tyler gripped her upper arm tightly, a bruise quickly forming on her pale skin. The grip was tight and caroline felt like her bone was breaking, but still, she ignored the pain and stood tall.

"Friends don't lie! Friends don't cheat!" Caroline shouted back, Tyler already pulling her into a hug

"Please Caroline," he whispered into her soft curls.

Suddenly the pair heard a loud growl, Tyler and Caroline turned towards the voice, and the blonde's worst nightmare had come true. Klaus was stood leaning against a tree, an evil smirk and infuriated eyes dancing across his face.

"What are you doing here mutt?"

-

I hate this chapter ngl but still. I liked writing it and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Please comment and like!