11

11. Slaps, Anger, Games

Caroline walked up the staircase and into the only available room. It was considerably the largest with two windows facing the woods and paintings lining every square inch of dark blue wallpaper. A king-sized bed sat snug in the center and two dressers on either side. A large bathroom was adjacent to the bed. It looked magnificent 

Breathing in the sweet wood scent mixed with mint aftershave caroline felt intoxicated. It reminded her faintly of something or someone but the blonde was too exhausted to take notice and instead opted to collapse against the plush mattress and the silk white pillows. Her body tingling at the cloud-like feeling.

Stripping her heels off and peeling away the sweat-soaked socks that adorned her feet. Caroline untwisted her braided hair and let the soft honey curls fall against her shoulder blades.

The blonde cuddled her face into the pillow and let the mouth-watering scent invade her being, a mist of sleepiness clouding over her and glazing the girl's sky blue eyes.

"Love?" A deep, confused voice asked, a voice in which caroline immediately recognized.

Klaus.

"Nik! W-Why are you in here?" Caroline bolted from the bed and sat right at the corner, looking anywhere but at the man.

"This is my bedroom, love" Klaus chuckled, but his heart warmed at the sight in front of him. And of the family name, she called him. Caroline was sat up, her shirt crumbled and her grey sweats rolled up on his bed. Her hair was curly and wild against her sweaty pale face which seemed to be deeply blushing.

"Oh! I'm sorry it was the only available room." Caroline blushed a crimson red and played with a string of her hair.

"Rebekah filled me in." Klaus sat down hesitantly next to her, the space between them tense enough to cut with a knife.

"Then you know everyone is on Mission Protect Caroline!" She laughed weakly, though her mind still clouded with thoughts of fear.

"Love, you know I would do anything to keep you safe." Klaus turned her body so she was facing him, tilting up the girls head and locking her wandering eyes, "I simply couldn't handle the thought of you ever being hurt."

"Really? Because you left me pretty hurt in the forest." She sneered, her eyes adorning a light water

"Love..." Klaus's hand rubbed soft circles against her cheek, wanting so desperately to explain but not finding the words.

"I'll sleep on the couch. Have fun with your super-soft angel cloud bed." Caroline stood up and started stalking towards the door, tears starting to slowly make contact with her cheeks.

Suddenly Klaus sped up and tugged her arm, turning caroline around so she faced him. Something in Klaus shattered at the sight of Caroline crying. Not to mention the fact that HE had caused her that pain. His arm snakes around her waist and his face went centimeters apart from her own. He leaned in slowly, watching caroline for any sign of objection.

And then they made contact. But it wasn't with their lips. Caroline's hand smacked Klaus against the face, her eyes suddenly holding fear as she gazed at her own hand. It was that night in the woods all over against

"You can't do that! I'm not a toy Klaus!" When she said Klaus the original hybrid's gut twisted, "I'm not some conquest you get to win!"

"Love I wasn't trying to-"

"Leave it." And with that caroline ran out the door, tears pouring down her eyes in streams.

Caroline's heart was broken.

-

I know it's kinda bad but I felt like Klaus shouldn't get off Scott free haha!