13

13. Pancakes, Hour, Request

"Wake! Up!" Elena Shouted, hitting caroline with a pink pillow as she slept, her cheeks still stained red with tears from the previous night, "I! Made! Waffles!"

"Oh god, Elena we all know you can't cook!" Caroline grumbled, turning her face so she was peaking out through her golden locks at the brunette smiling brightly

"Okay maybe I didn't make them, but I had the idea!" Elena pulled caroline so she was standing up. The blonde looked a mess. Her shirt was rolled up and her pajama pants wrinkled in their place. The Soft curls that usually framed her face were replaced by a frizzy mane of curly yellow.

'She looked more like a lion' Elena thought giggly

"Fine. Who made them?" Caroline rubbed her eyes in a baby-like manner and walked to the door, her stomach punctuating the sentence with a loud rumble, "Actually on second thought I think I'm too hungry to care."

"That's the spirit!"

Elena and Caroline walked down the stairs after the blonde changed. She was wearing a black Lace Cami covered in her white leather jacket and jeans. Caroline's hair was brushed back, the curls now laying against her back gently.

"If Silas ends up killing me then I may as well look good while dead." Caroline laughed at Elena's mortified face, "I'm joking!"

"You won't die, we all know Klaus wouldn't let that happen," Elena whispered the last part into Care's ear

The two walked into the kitchen to the sight of Bonnie and Damon bickering, and Rebekah and Stefan as far as possible, along with a very annoying Kol who would bud into everyone's conversations. Elijah and Klaus nowhere to be seen.

"Blondie! After your little tear fest yesterday I thought I'd be my amazing self and make you pancakes." Damon handed her a red plate with pancakes staked ontop. Whip cream and blueberries formed a vampire face, causing caroline to smile.

"Who knew Damon could be considerate and tolerable!" Caroline widened her eyes and did jazz hands, Damon responding with rolled eyes and his signature smirk.

"I thought it'd be only natural since this could be your last meal."

Caroline hadn't realized it before now. They only had 2 hours left to come up with a plan.

"Damon shut it." Elena took Damon's arm and dragged him away, shooting an apologetic look to Forbes.

Caroline smiled to herself sadly and sat at the breakfast table, digging straight into her pancakes. That was until Rebekah approached.

"Caroline! Nik wanted me to tell you to accompany him in the study." The original winked at Caroline's nervous gulp.

-

Ahhh I love writing these small moments between everyone. It's so sweet. Anyway! How are you all doing? My life has been a roller coaster lately and I'm desperately trying to hold on.

Fun story! I was in the car with my three sisters today for a social distance date and on our way back we got stuck in the middle of a tornado watch! It was wild I cried of fear and then got promptly made fun of. Gotta love sisters. Anyway! Hope your life is doing well!

P.S your getting a double update for this book today and then a double update for my other book tomorrow (if I have time haha)