27. Purposely Ignored

Gareth's POV
A new day, a morning. Though last weekend is unforgettable. I did something I never imagined I could do. People would have a hard time believing that a minor kiss is effecting me so much.

I wish someone could really understand, what I'm going through.

I still don't know how to feel. I never knew that I would do something like this. I still can't believe that I let my inner emotions drive my actions.

Even if I was attracted to her, I shouldn't have kissed her. Being a mature man, I should've controlled myself. After that incident, I don't think I'll be able to look at her ever again.

So, I've decided to ignore her.

Trust me Gareth, the one who is gonna ignore, is her, not you.

I wanted to roll my eyes at my inner voice, but sadly, it was correct. I was the one who kissed her, she didn't. Of course she won't even look at me ever.

But why am I feeling bad? Isn't it good. I mean, it's better that she stays away from me. These wild thoughts might come to an end.

Right!

It's better to just pretend that she's a no one. The more I stay away from her, the better it is for both of us. I don't want to indulge into another activity that'll make me ashamed of myself.

I shifted my attention back to my work. It's the easiest escape for me. And I want to elope from these thoughts of Briar.

I didn't see Briar for a few days, except for assemblies or a few student meetings. Of course I couldn't really resist myself from looking at Briar.

She's too tempting to ignore.

But I didn't meet or even had a conversation with her. I purposely ignored her. Though she was invading my brain and slowly all my imaginations. Even a single muse was captured by her.

She was making me go crazy.

I just wasn't able to concentrate on my work. I'm the principal of this school and taking care of this institution is my primary responsibility.

But she just doesn't leave me or my brain.

---------------------------------

I was in my office when I heard a knock on the door. Soon after Mr. Fuller entered. I quickly got up and went towards him.

"Good Morning sir" he said.

"Good Morning. Please have a seat" I said, taking him towards the sofa.

"Sir, these are the student trip plans. We just want you to confirm the dates and time periods. Also, our staff wanted to know if you, also want to accompany the students to any trip?" he asked.

"What will I do with the children?" I asked chuckling.

"I mean sir, it'll be your first time attending a trip. You'll enjoy it. Also, we need a few more teachers to accompany the students on this year's trip. You can choose any batch or any grade you want to go with" he said and smiled.

I had many ways to decline the offer, but when Briar came in my mind, she was also accompanied with an idea.

I should go on the trip!

Maybe I'll get over Briar in some fresh air. Also going on a trip with students is not a very bad idea? Right?

"I can go. I mean, I'd love to accompany the students" I said.

"That's great sir! So tell me with which batch you want to go?" he asked.

"That's where I might not be able to answer your question. Honestly I'm fine with any batch. All the students are similar to me" I said.

All students are similar? Really?

Yes they are!

Okay then what about, B-R-I-A

Shut up!

"Oh. Okay sir. I'll let you know that soon. But are these dates and time periods good?" he asked and gave me the file.

I reviewed the files and made a few changes. Mr. Fuller then left the office.

------------------------------------

Briar's POV
There was a big hustle everywhere in the dormitory. We all were pretty excited about the trip. Our teachers said that we'll get to know about the final dates by tomorrow.

It was late at night and still we were awake. You can say, the excitement wasn't letting us sleep. We kept on discussing where would we go, for how many days and most importantly when?

Only Ariana wasn't happy as she had an assignment due. But because we all kept on talking, she couldn't even write a single word.

"I have to do this assignment and submit it, by tomorrow!" Ariana said whining.

"Okay" Bianca said.

"And I've only written two words" Ariana said.

"What are they?" I asked.

"My name, Ariana Young" she said getting irritated.

"Actually, your name is not a part of your assignment, so technically, you still haven't written anything" Charlotte said making all of us laugh.

"You're a terrible motivator!" Ariana said almost crying, throwing a pen at Charlotte.

"Okay come on, come on! Positivity time!" Gretchen said grabbing our attention.

"Say with me!" she said standing up on the bed.

"Hope!" she said.

"HOPE!" we all cheered together.

"And what is it?!" Gretchen aksed smiling.

"First step towards disappointment" Charlotte said, again making us laugh.

"Shut up Lotto!" Gretchen said.

"You know what, I'm not doing the assignment!" Ariana said giving up.

"But you'll get scolded tomorrow" Rosè said.

"I don't care. I'll bunk her period" she said and came on the bed where everyone was sitting.

"So guys, where do you think we're going?" Ariana asked.

"I heard some teachers talking, maybe we're going to Brighton or Liverpool? I'm not sure" Rosè said.

"I actually don't care where we are going, I just want the trip to be long, like at least a week or maybe ten days" Bianca said.

"It's going to be our last trip, I just want it to be an amazing one!" Gretchen said.

We all nodded. We kept chatting for another few minutes and then we all went to sleep. I was in bed but my mind kept on revolving around one person.

Gareth James Wilson.

He's been capturing my brain. Although it's been a few days since we kissed each other, but trust me I'm just not able to forget about it.

In fact, I'm thinking about it too much.

I've been dreaming about kissing him, making out with him, touching him and many wild imaginations that I just read about in books.

I shouldn't be thinking like this about my principal. How can I even imagine about coming in a relationship with a man who is double my age and is my principal?!

The more I think about ignoring his thought, the more he invades my brain. I just can't stop thinking about him.

But I'm happy that this trip came. Maybe I'll get over him. Maybe his imaginations will leave my brain.

Maybe?

I'm excited for the trip. Where do you think they'll go? Liverpool or Brighton.

Tell me where do you want Briar to go.

Till then see you my loves!

See you next week.

Vote and comment.

:)