47. Gareth

Briar's POV

I held her tightly, burying my head further in her neck. I tried pouring out all that I had inside in the form of tears, but unexpectedly lamenting didn't change the dense feeling. I felt my chest filled, and the feeling of guilt was still the dominant one.

Mom made me sit on the bed, taking a seat in front of me. The environment was a bit better now. Her soft hands touched mine as she made slight circles with her thumb on the top of my skin. I was calm and collected, definitely better than what I was a few hours ago.

"Since when do you him?" mom asked looking at me curiously.

I gulped to make my dead dry throat a little soft. But even after trying to come up with an answer to her question, nothing but air came out of my mouth. I looked away, slightly biting my lip trying to gather some courage to answer.

"uhmm a f-few months." I said in a low voice.

"Hmm, I see." Her usage of minimal words made my nervousness build up even more. I tried to hide it but who can possibly shield their thoughts from a mother. Quite impossible.

"Dad isn't too happy, Briar. He's very sad actually." She said. I knew each and every word that came out of her mouth. I knew the depth of it all. I stayed silent, letting her let out.

"Did you lose your virginity..." she asked in her calm voice.

"What? No, mom. He never took advantage of me in any way." I said defending him. It was this moment I realised something very accurate about my feelings.

I can't listen a single word against him. Even if I can stay quiet letting people dominate me, I still can't have anyone say anything about him. He makes me want to go out of my way to protect him. In the past few hours I've had felt almost feeling making me feel pessimistic somewhat sad too, but not for a single second I felt ashamed.

Falling in love with someone doesn't make me shameless. I've loved him with all my heart and I don't regret it. What I feel right now is the bitterness of not telling my mom what I genuinely felt.

"What you did was unacceptable. But everyone makes mistakes, the only thing I'll blame right now will be your age-" she said but I interrupted her.

"Why is it a mistake mom?" I asked looking at her because I realised I've been listening to everyone for a little too long.

"What do you mean? Having a sexual relationship with that man is a mistake." she said with her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"But what I had with him wasn't a sexual relationship mom. I shared a lot deeper connection with him." I said as my courage slowly built up with every word that came out.

"Are you even listening to yourself? What is wrong with you?!" She asked. I could sense the anger in her voice yet she remained calm.

"Briar, are you out your mind?!" I heard dad's voice from behind, storming in the room. I almost again broke for a second but I knew if I break right now, I'll never be able to be with someone whom I truly love.

"Nothing is wrong mom. That man is not someone I want to leave, if not now, I'll be with him later-" I said but I heard dad.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Dad screamed. For the first time I saw him raging like this. He's always been a calm person but in the situation I was in, it didn't shock me as it would've in some other possibility.

"I don't want to hear a single word. Enough! We are not going to talk about this from now on and as for you, Briar, don't even dare to say anything about this anymore!" Dad said pointing his finger at me.

Anger took over me and I stood up "I will. You can't stop me from being with him just because of our ages, dad!"

"What has he done to you? You're not my Briar! I don't know what kind of girl he has turned you into." Dad said angrily and I could see my mom behind him almost tearing up.

"Stop blaming him for everything!" I said getting irritated.

"THAT ASSHOLE IS THE REAL REASON TO BE BLAMED!" Dad shouted.

"I LOVE HIM DAD!" I shouted back.

"ENOUGH BRIAR!" Dad came towards me and his hand lifted up. To hit me perhaps. A tear streamed down my face, I was shocked but I was expecting something like this to happen.

I needed to get away, I couldn't handle it anymore. I looked at dad one last time before storming out of the room and rushing downstairs. I had no idea where I'd go but all I knew is that I had to get away from that place.

I heard mom and dad calling out out my name continuously, possibly even following me, but tears blurred my vision and I myself had no clue where I'm heading out to. But I knew one thing for sure that I had to get away from them.

I kept running, with an idea as to where the exit is. I stepped outside and dark was slowly dominating the sky. It was almost evening and I just ran aimlessly because every direction led me away from dad and in that moment that was my only motive.

With my head down and a blurred vision I ran away, but soon collided with someone. I was almost going to fall but the person held me, restraining me from falling down. I didn't want to look up, showing an unknown person my tears.

But somehow I felt like I know this person. The aura seemed familiar and I looked up. My tears were flowing when I almost lost my breath.

"Gareth."

Damn, Gareth is here now! Hmm certainly things will get more interesting now.

I'll update the next upcoming chapters as soon as possible.

Till then, stay safe my loves!

Vote and comment.

:)