31. Why Do You Have Two Keys?

Above picture is Gareth's outfit.

Gareth's POV
Why am I so stupid? Or do I really lose my mind when she's around? Why can't I act like an educated adult? I left her in the room as I don't want her to face any unwanted troubles.

She'll come after me when there will be no one. She won't have any problem, coming out of my room. I hope she comes out safely.

But I shouldn't really have kissed her in the first place! Everytime I do something like this, I just push her farther away from me.

So you've made up your mind that you wanna keep her close?

What? No!

Just admit it already Gareth! You've fallen for her.

What are you even talking about?! How can I... How can I just fall for s-someone who's literally half my age?!

Well, you can't control your feelings. So it's either that you admit that you love her or

Or?

I don't know! Maybe just leave her?

How can I leave someone whom I haven't even held till now?

Oh wow! Meaning you wanna hold her! You want something to happen that is wrong and in fact never going to happen?!

No no! That's not what I meant!

Shut up Gareth! Enough.

I shook my head in frustration as even my insight is not able to solve my dilemma. I was deep in thoughts but suddenly jolted up when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.

I abruptly turned towards them and saw Mr. Tyler getting equally scared as me.

"Oh God! Sir! You-you okay?" he said getting shocked.

I took a deep breath keeping my hand on my chest as my heart rate was very fast. Taking a few deep breaths I nodded and said.

"Yeah I'm good sir. I-I was just t-thinking about something"

He nodded and then asked me to come to the bus where everyone was waiting for me. I entered the bus and saw Mrs. Jones sitting on the seat. She saw me and asked to take the seat beside her.

I sat but suddenly the thought of Briar still being in my room came in mind and a sudden panicky spread all over my body. My face became pale and I became scared. Of course if she's left at the hotel because of my stupidity, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself.

I suddenly stood up and Mrs. Jones, who got confused with my sudden behaviour.

"Is everything alright sir?" She asked.

I bit my lip and worriedly said "Are all the students seated in the bus?"

"Yes, but some are still inside, they have to use the restroom. They'll be here in a few minutes" she said but the worried look didn't leave my face.

"Don't worry sir, Mr. Fuller is inside. He'll come only after all the students are seated in the bus. He has the list, so no one would be left out" she said giving me assurance.

After listening to her, I came at a little ease. But I kept looking out of the window, hoping that I would see Briar soon. All the girls came out and but there was still no sign of Briar.

I was still looking. But when I saw Mr. Fuller coming out, I again became tense. But to my surprise I saw Briar coming out after him. I took a breath of relief and suddenly felt everything moving in slow motion.