38. You Can't Hide It

Author's POV
Gareth was fuming with anger and leaving that place was the best he could think of. But Briar on the other side, seeing Dylan on the floor with a bleeding nose just wished for him to be alright. She blamed herself for Dylan's condition and felt bad about it.

The only person who's brain was yet not jammed, was Dominic.

He knew very well that if Dylan gets up the first thing he'll do is complaining about Gareth, and he can't let that happen. So, he quickly sent Briar away and went towards Dylan before anyone else could talk to him.

"You alright buddy?" Dominic said helping Dylan get up.

"Do I look alright to you?" Dylan said showing blood, all over his hand wincing in pain.

"This is not the very nice time of my appearance, but" Dominic said grabbing Dylan's attention.

"I don't think complaining about that guy, who just punched you, is going to be good" Dominic said.

"Are you fucking threatening me?!" Dylan said angrily.

"No, I'm just warning you. Look, if you go and tell your teachers about this, the first thing they'll ask you is, why did he punch you in the first place? Right?" Dominic said and Dylan stopped, listening to him more carefully.

"You can't just say that you got punched by the school principal of a girl you were hanging out with. Your teachers will question you. And that guy, he isn't a normal fellow. He's going to make your own teachers go against you" Dominic said trying to scare Dylan a bit, because that's the only way to save Gareth.

"That guy is Briar's principal?" Dylan asked and Dominic nodded.

Of course, there was no other option left for Dylan other than doing as suggested by Dominic. He can't get himself caught. So when he went back to his teachers with a bleeding nose and made up a fake story that he got himself hurt in the restroom.

But not just Dylan's nose but even his pride was badly injured. He told his teachers a lie, but he started hating Briar, thinking that she didn't even come back once to see how he was.

He started thinking of her as a girl who just wears a mask of innocence fooling everyone around her.

------------------------

Gareth's POV
Saying that I was angry can't explain how actually vexed I was. I was fuming in anger. I mean how dare he touched her!

I knew very well that these girls would take advantage of Dom's leniency. So I was very alert about everything they were thinking and planning. As soon as we left the girls they went away with those boys.

It was all good until I saw that boy holding Briar's hand and pulling her upstairs. Yes, I couldn't stand some other guy touching her, other than me.

I felt jealous. I admit it with no shame.

So I punched him, even though I very well know that what I did wasn't required. But then again, how in the fucking hell he dared to do that!

I looked at my hand and saw a little blood stain, reflecting the activity I performed a few minutes ago. I shook my head thinking I shouldn't have punched him.

And moreover can't she see how much I like her and care for her?!

Dude, if you won't tell her how will she know?

"I know that!" I thought to myself.

"No you don't" I heard a familiar voice from behind, I turned around and saw Dominic.