44. Chaos

Briar's POV
It was almost late in the afternoon when Gretchen and I returned to the dorm, a few minutes before the gates close. The atmosphere was as usual silent and we were tired. Of course, it was a lazy weekend and I wanted to take rest as soon as possible.

We were a few steps away from our dorm room when Gretchen stopped me and said "Briar, I don't know if your decision is right or not, but I still support you if it makes you happy, even though I know you're going to regret it later"

It was clearly visible she was upset and I couldn't say anything instead of just nodding at her words. Yes, I can't leave him, to be more precise, I don't want to leave him.

We came to our dorm and soon it was evening, because so much happened in just a few hours, my mind was exhausted. I didn't feel like letting myself think about anything, I just wanted to sleep.

>>

Next morning I woke up all refreshed, expecting that a new day would be better. My mind was refreshed yet my body ached hinting how lazy I felt. It seemed like the weekend's exhaustion still overtook me. I still forced myself.

I was combing my hair when Gretchen came from behind tapping my shoulder. I turned around and smiled at her thinking she would as usual ask me to fix her shirt or tell her, if her uniform is in proper shape or not, but her face hinted something different.

I furrowed my eyebrows in an attempt to understand the reason of her expression. She was shocked but at the same time horribly calm. The fact that I couldn't read her face scared me. A sudden nervousness spread all over me as my breath started getting uneasy.

"Gretchen, what is it?" I asked her and she looked at me as her breath became deeper.

It felt as if she doesn't know how to talk, or say she didn't know what to say. She just handed me her phone and fell on the bed as if her legs didn't support her anymore. And guess what? Something similar happened with me when I saw her phone.

~●~●~●~●~●~●~

*note: these are fake chats, author has added them just to give a better scenario of the plot. The news that Briar and Gareth are in a relationship has spread across the school like a wildfire. Everyone is talking about it and some chats related to this news are down below. Make sure to read them*

 Make sure to read them*