32.Should I Confess?

Gareth's POV
I was confused and out of words. It's like an invisible force inside me, cursed and blamed me for my stupidity. And trust me I had no courage to fight or say back anything to it.

"Briar! Do you know who these keys belong to?" Charlotte asked.

Of course, Briar was all shocked and scared, she had no idea what to say.

"I-I umm, actually these k-keys are" Briar said, but I interrupted her in the middle.

"They are EXTRA!" I said.

Everyone looked at me with shocked eyes. They were all stunned by my sudden behavior. I gulped and then continued with an excuse that came up in my head.

"Actually, Briar umm told me that she wasn't able to find the room keys. So, I got her extra keys" I said.

"Seems like the actual keys were in her bag" I said and laughed nervously.

They all too laughed with me. Though Briar was still, all pale. I felt bad. Because of my stupidity, she had to face something like this. I took a deep breath and said

"Briar, give me those extra keys. I'll return them at the reception. Okay?"

Briar was quick enough to understand my indication of extra keys. She gave me my room keys back and then I asked the girls to go to their room. After they all entered their room I quickly, unlocking my room went inside.

I took a deep breath as soon as I entered. I felt like I was able to escape a crime scene without anyone knowing what I did. I went to my bed a sat down near the edge.

What the hell am I doing?

Gareth, you're falling for a girl.

I know that! You're telling me something I already know!

No, I'm just reminding you of the sin you're committing.

Then why don't you give me a solution to this problem?

I can't Gareth.

Why though?

Because there is no solution to it! If I tell you to stop thinking about her, will you? No right! Then I just can't help you with anything.

But I can't put her in trouble all the time just because I can't control myself!

I have nothing left to say to you.

What should I do now? Even my insight refuses. Does that mean that I've really fallen for Briar? But I know very well that even if I want us to be something, we can't be! How can I even think like this?

Should I tell her about my feelings. Maybe the rejection I'll get from her will make this attraction, I feel towards her, come to an end. Maybe? That's the only way left. I have to confess to her.

But what if she likes me too?

What the hell are you even thinking Gareth? Are you out of your mind? Why will she like you?

Yes of course why would she like someone who's double her age.

But what if she hates me? Will I be able to live like that? But at least it would be better for her. Yes, it would be. I can't spoil her life just because I like her. I can't force myself on her.

-----------------------------

Briar's POV
Thank god! Mr. Wilson came on the right time otherwise I don't know what would I have done without him.

We entered inside and everyone just fell on the bed, of course we were all so tired.

"Hey, do you remember that guy?" Bianca asked.