39. Promise

Sorry, for the late update my love.
I hope you enjoy.

Gareth's POV
"What?" I said as I was utterly shocked.

I didn't expect this answer. Meaning from past these days, she was also feeling the exact same way? Her heart also dropped every time she saw me? I also gave her butterflies? I'm feeling like a teenager who's been asked out by his all time crush.

But this is not good. We can't be a thing, we can't date each other! I can't let her stay with me, just because I like her.

But she likes you too man.

Doesn't matter! Remember what Dom said, my decision will affect her present and future. I can't ruin her life.

"I like you too" she said without making eye contact, I could sense her blushing.

"But we can't date each other" I said bluntly and suddenly her expressions changed to shocked ones.

"Huh?" She said with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I mean, isn't the age gap between us too big? And doesn't the fact that I'm your principal and you're still a minor, bother you?" I asked her. She was all blank, just like me.

Just like I've been trying to find these answers from past so many days, she too, doesn't have any clue about them. It's like I was trying to make myself feel a little less guilty.

"Why are you asking me all these things?!" she asked in her soft voice.

I sighed and felt bad for making her upset. I went closer to her and held her delicate hands. She was so cold and I instantly took her in my embrace, transferring my heat to her freezing body. She hugged me back tightly. I rested my chin on her head and she buried her face in my chest.

It felt so good to be close to her. It felt like I was protecting her and very abnormally this minor contact was giving me so much relaxation. I caressed her hair inhaling the scent of her aura.

"No, I'm asking myself all these things" I said softly. She looked up at me, not leaving my embrace.

"I thought that getting rejected would make me stop loving you, but now I've fallen for you even more" I said.

"Why are you blaming yourself for everything?" she said looking straight into my eyes.

"We both are a part of this. We both are at fault. But it wasn't our choice, we didn't plan on doing this. So please don't blame yourself" she said in her sweetest voice.

I sighed and held her tighter, resting my forehead against hers. I then closing my eyes said "but what if people don't accept us?"

"I don't know whether they'll accept us or not, but if you're with me I'll surely have the courage to face them and accomplish everything in my life" she said and I suddenly opened my eyes.

"I don't want your love to be my weakness, I want it to be my strength. But that can happen only if you stay with me and promise not to leave, ever" she said.

And that was it, I lost control.

I pulled her towards the back of the building where no one could see us. I pushed her against the wall and smashed my lips against hers. I leaned in getting in contact with her body. Holding her face I felt her soft burning cheeks in my hands, giving me a hint she was blushing.

Butterflies were having a huge feast in my stomach and that sensation only made me grow closer to her body. I didn't feel like leaving her, even for a second. Our breaths were getting uneven, but when she suddenly kept her hands on my shoulders, goosebumps rose all over my body.