Secrets Pt 2

Jas
It's been hours since that FaceTime call and I've tracked Mike's location since then and they've just landed I assume because they are still at the Airport. Re has taken a shower and I've convinced her to let me do her makeup to cover the bruise on her face before they make it here and trip out... I can't really do anything about her bussed lip but I've made her look as normal as possible. "Get dressed in this .. you can't just be balled up in Pop's draws and shirts all day ... we are going out." She give me the side eye saying her voice slightly cracking  "Do you see my fucking lip? What if he's out there then what Jas? He's gonna find me again. Like always?" I just dress her myself because she's been a literal mess. I feel sick every time she cries or when I watch her shake and hear how broken her voice is when she talks in her sleep while having a nightmare.

She hurts different. Every time he finds her. She hurts different. What is the full extent of what he's done to her? And do I even really wanna know? No maybe not.

She hasn't had these nightmares in a while ... and his presence has seemed to trigger all her buried fears. He's a monster and deserves to be dealt with but... he's also my brother. So I'm scared what's gonna happen when or even if Mikey finds out who did this to Reanna is my brother. Sometimes I feel like Mike loves her more than me... but I know it's just a protective older brother thing he has over her after the past 3 years. Or I at least hope so.

My phone starts to ring seeing that it's my brother DaQuan I take the phone into the hallway right outside Reanna's apartment.

"Hello?"

Complete silence just slightly heavier breathing...

"I can't wait until tomorrow ... I have to see her today."

My heart completely drops thinking of what could possibly go down because Pop and Mike and 2 woos are supposed to be here tonight.

"No! You can't do that."

He scoffs before clearing his throat.. his irritation apparent

"Exactly why not Giselle?"

My mouth goes completely dry because I don't know what he'll do if I tell him that Pop will be here.

"Because we'll be out with Mike tonight. Won't be home until SUPER LATE and shouldn't you be home with Melissa and the kids tonight."

He sighs loudly his slight irritation taking on a new form of dangerous calmness.

"Don't bring up my wife or our kids ... & don't keep her out too late... leave your 2nd key copy where I can find it tonight Jas... I'll be there waiting when she gets home. I would hate to be kept waiting & she never shows ... there's no need to frustrate me any further. For her sake at the least."

He hangs up without waiting for my answer.

When I walk back into the apartment Re is still on her bed scrolling through Instagram when she sees me she says "Who was that?" I offer her a small smile saying "Oh nobody bubbles just my job... you ready?" She shakes her head slightly yeah as she gets off the bed. Before she comes out the door to her place I place my 2nd copy of my key in the plants by the window in the hallway & text him "it's in the plant in the hallway on her floor. Please don't hurt her." To which he reads and doesn't respond. What the fuck am I honestly gonna do? If she's not here he comes looking for me. But if she is here ...he's probably gonna hurt her again? Will I be able to look her in the face this time knowing I'm the reason he knows everything he knows and I'm the reason she feels pain ... the reason he keeps finding her? ... But he's my brother ... family first... right?