30

Y/N POV

Angelina gripped my hand as we walked along the carpet, camera's flashing. We took a few pictures together with my arm wrapped around her waist, nothing super romantic. I wasn't totally sure how much PDA Angie was comfortable showing, so I tried to keep everything pretty light.

We got to the interview section and that's when the two of us had to separate. Angelina walked a few feet ahead to the next interviewer, leaving me with Mario Lopez. The section of the carpet after this was for individual pictures, so I wouldn't get to be with Angelina for a bit, at least, probably not until we walk to our table.

"How are you doing this evening?" Mario asked with a wide smile. I smiled back, leaning forward a bit due to the noise. "I'm doing very well, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm great man, thanks. So I noticed you came with a date this time?" He wiggled his eyebrows making me laugh.

"Yeah, it's more fun coming with someone." I did my best to give answers that wouldn't confirm that Angelina and I are dating, figuring I'd leave it up to her to decide if she wanted to come out.

A/n yes, I know Wanted is not the kind of movie that will be nominated for an Oscar, but for this story, it is.

"So you're here tonight, nominated for Best Actor in a Film, and your date and co-star, Angelina Jolie, is also nominated for Best Actress in a Film, the film for both of you being Wanted. So what are your feelings about that?"

I chuckled and ran my fingers through my hair. "Yeah, uh..it's amazing. It was such a fun project to work on and Angelina is such a beautiful person both inside and out, and she has the sweetest soul ever."

"Sounds like you guys may be more than just friends." He said, laughing me slightly.

I laughed a bit nervously and tilted my head. "You'll have to ask her that."

"Alright well thank you so much for you time Y/N, you look incredible tonight."

"Thank you, you look great as well." 

"Good luck." I flashed him one last smile, thanked him, then continued my walk down the carpet. Angelina was about 10 feet ahead of me, looking flawless like always as she took pictures. 

I'll be honest, it was so hard to not carry her to the car and speed back home so that I could worship her. She just looked so amazing in her dress. Who am I kidding, she always looks amazing. It still baffled me how I was the person she chose. How in the hell was I lucky enough to be with a woman like her.

I took pictures for another 10 minutes before finally being allowed to go inside. There was a ton of people crowded inside by the large doorway of the venue, probably waiting to be seated and/or meet people.

I looked around for Angelina but couldn't see her.

"Hey baby." I jumped and whipped around to see my girlfriend laughing hysterically. "Jesus Christ don't do that!" I said, unable to contain my own laughter. 

She just chuckled in response, and all I wanted to do was kiss her. 

"Okay everyone please take your seats, we are going live in ten minutes, so take this time to get acquainted and/or go to the restroom. Thank you." Someone announced over the speakers. 

"Come on, let's find out seats." Angelina grabbed my hand and the two of us walked down the center isle of the venue. We finally found our seats, which were about two rows from the stage, and sat down. 

We talked for a bit about our interviews until we went live, and by that time, all the seats around us were filled. Ellen was the host tonight, which I thought was pretty cool. Last year it was Neil Patrick Harris. 

It was so goddamn hard to focus on the show and not Angelina. I had to sit next to her for an hour without touching her, and it sucked ass. 

When intermission came around, everyone went off to use the restroom. I didn't need to go, so I just grabbed a drink and milled around with people for a few minutes. At one point, Taylor Swift came up to me and talked to me which was insane. We exchanged numbers and I'm really excited about it. She seems like such a cool person and I'd for sure want to be friends with her.

The second half of the show had both my and Angelina's categories in it, so I was a little less bored. 

"Here are the nominees for best actor in a film. Tom Hanks, The Post. Robert DiNero, The Irishman, Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Y/N Y//L/N, Wanted."

I knew I wasn't going to win, and I was not bummed at all. Everyone I was going up against was super talented, even if I didn't like some of them very much *cough *cough Brad.

"And the Oscar goes to, Tom Hanks, The Post!" We all clapped as the actor went up to give his speech. I had Idolized both Tom and Meryl for as long as I could remember. 

"Wow, uh..first off I just want to say that everyone in this category is so incredibly talented. Y/N, I want to say that you, being the youngest actor nominated, are such an amazing, incredible artist. I loved your work on 1917, and the Oscar was very much deserved." I felt like crying. All I could do was smile and make a 'thank you' motion with my hands. 

Angelina rubbed my shoulder and grinned at me, and I grinned back. After Tom's speech, next was Angelina's category. Margot Robbie was presenting along with Kate McKinnon. 

"This year, so many amazing film have been made, and so many incredible women have gotten the opportunity to showcase their talent." Margot said, looking stunning as always.

"Here are the nominees for best actress in a film. Charlize Theron, Bombshell. Renee Zellweger, Judy. Cynthia Erivo, Harriet.  Angelina Jolie, Wanted."

I held my breath and squeezed Angie's hand. I knew she'd win. I just had the feeling. 

"And the Oscar goes to.....Angelina Jolie, Wanted!"

I had no clue what to do, but my girlfriend grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet, and before I knew it, she crashed her lips onto mine. I was in a daze of happiness, shock, and arousal as she pulled away and walked to the stage. I was mildly aware of the combined feeling of surprise, happiness, and "I knew it!" in the room, but honestly I was way more focused on Angelina, who was just about to start her speech. 

"This is incredible. Thank you so much to the academy, this was the most fun I have ever had on any project, ever. Thank you to Elizabeth Banks, our fabulous director, along with the cast and crew who worked tirelessly to make this movie come to life. This is an experience I will never forget. And finally, I saved the best for last, thank you to my amazing girlfriend, Miss Y/N Y/L/N, who I have had the absolute pleasure of getting to know over this past year. I wouldn't be standing here if it wasn't for her undying love, support, positivety, humor, and her unbreakable soul. She truly is the most remarkable person I have ever met. I love you so much baby." 

She pressed a kiss to her fingers and gestured it to me. I looked right into her eyes, both of ours filled with tears, and mouthed 'I love you too'.