The Party

Julia

I instantly regret saying yes to the party. I remembered I had a paper due for class in a few days.

Yes, I wanted to to see Kelly but the paper isn't going to write itself. I decided I was only going to stay for maybe two hours so I could finish my work.

I started getting ready for the party and I decided to wear a cute LV fit. I straightened my hair since I had a little bit of time.

 I straightened my hair since I had a little bit of time

"Girl, they are here to pick us up. And ooo girl you look cute." Christal said. Nobody gasses me up more than her. That's why she's my best friend.

"They?"

"Yes, they. Kelly and Mikal are here" She said while pulling my arm.

Kelly looked me up and down. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. When Mikal pulled off, Christal could not keep her hands to herself. I could tell my bestie was in love.

"Ay, if we crash, I'm blaming it on you. Save that for the bedroom." Kelly said while laughing.

"Aye bro, I'm not gonna crash. She's just showing love."

A few minutes later we got to the party and I mean it was packed. I was following behind Mikal and Christal when I felt Kelly grab my arm.

I jumped at his touch. "Woah, I didn't mean to scare you." He said. "Why are you so nervous, you didn't say a word in the car, and all you did was look out the window the whole time."

"Because it's not everyday that you hang out with NBA players" I said while laughing.

"But you couldn't seem to stop looking at me at the game. What changed?"

I felt so embarrassed once again. I didn't mean to stare. What did he expect he's cute as fuck.

"First off, it's because you were the star of the game. I just thought you were a good player so that's why I was watching you." I lied.

He just laughed and walked away. It was a little refreshing I'm not going to lie to you. I was expecting him to ask me my name but once again I was in over my head.

"Julie, come here!" Christal yelled in my direction. "Let's dance"

I started twerking on Christal and I mean I was throwing it back. I don't think nobody was prepared for that. Not even her. I'm usually reserved but I just wanted to have fun.

Then me and Kelly made eye contact which made me stand up quick. He had a smirk on his face. He was so cute but I really needed to stop thinking that because he does not want me.

I look at the time and realized it was time for me to leave. I look for Christal and this bitch is no where to be found. I see Kelly and ask "Where is Christal?"

"They left a while ago." He said. I know my best friend did not leave me for her boyfriend. I thought to myself.

"I can take you home if you'd like. I was just about to leave anyway."

"Okay." That's all I could say to him. He borrowed his friends car and drove me home. The ride was short and quiet but I wanted it to last forever.

When we arrived, he walked me to my door.
"Bye." I said.

"Bye." Kelly said.

AN: I'm going to try my best to make chapters longer. But that's all for now.