Game Changer

Kelly

"Why do you want me to get out so bad" I said to Mikal.

This morning Mikal kept bothering me about going out later. He kept asking me if I had plans this entire weekend. I knew something was up. That man was tripping for real.

"Imma be honest, I wanted to have my girl over and I know you don't want to third wheel" Mikal said.

"You could've just said that. You had me thinking you don't fuck with me no more or something."

"Christal's friend is coming too though. You and her can hang out and don't be on that bs, you know how you are."

I just wanted to know where she was sleeping because we only had two rooms in this hotel. And I felt a little salty because she left me on seen last night. So she was gonna be on the coach.
*BUZZ*

 I felt a little bold after saying that

I felt a little bold after saying that. She knows she doesn't need makeup though and that's a fact.

(His outfit)

(His outfit)

On the way there I felt nervous. I hadn't seen her since I dropped her off from the party. When we pulled up and she came out, she looked beautiful. I tried my best to keep my eyes off of her but damn, she looks good.

 I tried my best to keep my eyes off of her but damn, she looks good

(Julia's Outfit)

"I thought I said you didn't need makeup." I said to Julia laughing.

"Well I didn't think I needed your approval sir." She said while rolling her eyes.

"It's just a sleepover, ma'am."

I spent all my time denying girls but this one might can get a pass. I have to get to know her first, because I don't want anymore crazy girls. THAT is for sure.

SOMETIME LATER

Christal and Mikal spent all the time in the world looking for a movie, that it ended up getting dark outside.

"Man look, we haven't even picked a movie yet. I'm gonna go make something to eat." I said while getting up.

"I'll go with you." Julia said.

We go in the kitchen and there wasn't anything that we could make. So I asked Julia, "You wanna go to the grocery store? There's not nothing in here."

"Sure. Let's go."

"In that?" I looked her up and down. She may have looked good but she was way too overdressed for a grocery store.

"Ugh let me go put on my 'grocery store' outfit then" she said while rolling her eyes.

(Julia's Outfit)

The car ride was quiet but Julia ended up speaking up.

"So why don't you date?"

I was surprised at the question, out of all of them, why this one?

  "I mean, I did but I got played. I used to date this girl and we were together for a long time." I said while looking at the road.

"Then what happened?"

  "We fell apart because she used me. It wasn't love and I know that she didn't really love me. She loved all the things I could do for her but she didn't love me. The 'NBA Wife' thing was getting into her head."

It got quiet again, so I asked her, "Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

  "In Georgia, my family consumed my life. They made me do everything for them. My mom chose not to work, so she forced me to do it. When I would want to hang out with my friends my mom wouldn't allow it. I came l to Arizona to get away from all of that. I am an adult after all"

Hearing that was so surprising. She's pretty and has never had a boyfriend and experienced life. Her mom hid a beautiful face from this world. Maybe that's a good thing. This world can be so cruel. Especially to people like her.

AN:
More words, yayy.

The next few chapters they'll be getting to know each other better. So here comes character development.

Also Christian and Makena are coming into the picture soon 👀👀