10 | Full Of Thorns

The first ever royal event for the students of The Royals High was around the corner, and everyone was asked to choose a dress for themselves. Princess Yeeun was running her hand through different outfits, but nothing in particular could catch her eye. She was getting upset second by second now. She hated spending time on shopping.

"Got anything?" Vernon came behind her, and she pouted. "It's okay. Try more dresses, you'll be just fine."

She chuckled, and nodded. "You're my date for the event. Did you choose your suit?"

"Of course," he winked. "Need to be prepared if I'm courting a princess."

"Come on, Vernon," Yeeun whined, and he laughed as they went to the other corner. On the other end, Princess Joy was also looking for something comfortable, nothing fancy, nothing plain. Just something proper for the event.

"Joy."

She stilled when she heard a very familiar voice calling her name. Turning around, she looked at Taehyung, and clenched her jaw in annoyance. What did he want now? Wasn't it enough of him rejecting her that night, did he want to insult her more now?

"I know I have hurt you, but please let me explain," he followed her when she walked away from him, and ignored his existence. "Joy, please," he tried again, but she kept searching for the dress instead of talking to him. It frustrated him.

Taehyung grabbed her elbow, and pushed her against the wall. "Talk to me," He demanded, and she huffed, and rolled her eyes as she pushed him back.

"Why?" she grumbled.

She was pissed. Correction. She was more than pissed. He fucking rejected her that night. It was okay. It was okay with him being an asshole before, she knew she was a fucking idiot for marrying Baekhyun because of family arrangement, it was okay for Taehyung to taunt her on that. But, that night, he made her feel undesirable. Nobody had rejected her the way he rejected her.

"Because I can't bear to see you ignoring me," Taehyung let out weakly.

"You know what? I don't care," she snapped at him. "You started this. Remember? You are always complaining about my and your brother's relationship, but what about you? Are you that courageous? Are you the one I should look up to?"