18 | Every time I See You

"This is peaceful."

Joy looked up at the stars and smiled. One thing she had always liked about the night time was the privacy of the scene. She could stroll on the streets without a care in the world. Because who would even guess that the princess herself was walking around without any security guards? Exactly. No one.

"You never told me how you know about that secret route?" Taehyung glanced at her. They were lying on the ground in the park by each other's sides, bathing in the moonlight.

"I'm not comfortable in a place where I don't know an escape. I always study the building routes before going there," She replied. "If I don't do that, it makes me anxious."

"You don't feel safe anywhere. Do you?" He asked, but it was a statement. He knew it was the truth.

"What is the most absurd rumor that you've heard about yourself?" She asked instead, and turned her face to look at him.

Placing an arm under his head, he sighed, and looked up at the stars. "That there's a race in the Royal family for the crown." He chuckled. "That I want to be the next king instead of my brother. The Truth is that the crown comes with a lot of responsibility, and right now neither of us are prepared for it."

"That's the most common rumours surrounding the royal family."

He glanced at her. "What about you?"

"That the queen used to finish the food as early as possible, so that I could have a strict diet plan," Joy replied. "You know how we can't eat after the queen finishes the food, so yeah."

"That's true?"

"I had a strict diet plan, yes, but it was my mentor who implemented it. The queen doesn't have enough time for her grandkids."

"Can I ask you something?" His fingers brushed over her cheek, and she blinked. "Was it true? That you are planned to be promised to Baekhyun, so that you won't be able to be next in line for the throne?"

After Joy's grandmother, her father was supposed to take the throne, and since she had no uncles or aunts, she was supposed to take the throne after him, but if Joy married Baekhyun, the throne would be passed on to Yeeun, who would eventually pass it on Beomgyu.