Him again

Chapter 2

"Ndithathe nanto?"
My brother and I were grocery shopping, he always writes his own list but he can never take the things he claims to want.
Me" Uyithathile ipapa?"
He nodded
Qhama" Let's go"
We barely bought anything
Me" No, take what's on your list"
Qhama" Unayo imali wena?"
Me" Ewe"
He still looked uncomfortable, so I grabbed 4 boxes of different cereals and threw them in the trolley. I bought the usual stuff and he was staring at me like I am crazy.
Me" Should I get you hot chocolate?"
I just took it and some Milo, I took rooibos tea for him and Earl grey for myself.
Qhama"Yaya?"
Me" Qhama?"
Qhama" Ngezethu?"
I nodded
Me" Yonke lento nge yam nawe"
He giggled
Qhama" Yho! I'm going to eat the chocolate alone"
I laughed, seeing my little brother smile like this took me back. When my mother passed away no one wanted us, so for a year I took care of him and we struggled. Some times we didn't have anything to eat and we would eat at school, thanks to the feeding scheme. On weekends I started doing promotions, I was too young for alcohol promos, all I did was in-store and the money wasn't that much but it helped us. Until Qhama got sick and they forced my Grandmother to take us in, the social workers had to step in. That's how we moved to PE and honestly it wasn't any better because she was old and she didn't want us naye, not because she didn't love us, I just think she hated our mother so much that we were a reminder of her. I have done so much for Qhama and I that I sometimes think I don't even know what it's like to take care of myself because he has always been my first priority. And right now, seeing him smile, I am proud of myself and what I have managed to do for us.
Me" Lets pay, so I can go do my assignments"
Qhama" Yaphangela?"
Me" Nope, I'm off today. You're stuck with me"
Qhama" Good"

The following day I woke up and did our laundry then went for a walk. I left him watching tv, and pretending to do his homework.
"I know you"
I turned around to see who said that, I recognised the car. I didn't know a lot of people who drove that car or any car for that matter.
Me" Hi"
I wasn't sure if I should stand or just carry on walking.
Yanga" Uyakwa K.K?"
He said pointing at the Tshisa nyama place
Me" No, I'm going back to my place"
Yanga" Your boyfriend waiting?"
I nodded
Me" He is watching Ben 10 but I know he will soon start getting worried about me"
He looked confused
Yanga" Ben 10?"
Me" He loves it, don't worry I also don't get the fuss"
"It was nice seeing you again"
Yanga" I don't know your name"
I laughed
Me" I don't think it matters"
He smiled
Yanga" Why?"
Me" I mean it's not like we are friends or anything like that"
Yanga" True but what if I want to be your friend?"
Me" I have enough of those"
Yanga" What? You can never have enough friends"
Me" Are you the friendship police?"
Yanga" If I say yes will you tell me your name?"
I laughed at him
Me" No"
Yanga" You have a beautiful smile"
"You should smile more often"
Me" Thanks"
These two guys came to joy us, they had a tray filled with meat.
" I should get going"
Yanga" I'll walk you"
His friends looked confused, I could understand their confusion. Nothing about the screamed beautiful, I was wearing a EFFSC t-shirt and leggings with worn out Black All Star. My S-curl well let's just say the "curl" was no longer there. And he was in a white shirt that hugged his muscle so well! And blue ripped denim jeans and white Adidas Stan Smith sneakers. Did I mention how amazing he smell?.
Me" If I tell you my name, can you promise to not follow me?"
Yanga" Your name and cell number"
Me" Nope"
Yanga" Okay, name"
Me" Yazini"
Yanga" What?"
Me" That's my name"
He laughed, I always get that reaction, to a point where I just wait for them to finish laughing.
Yanga" Now I have to walk you home, I need you to explain your name"
I didn't protest because Qhama was probably starting to panic and I didn't want him to wonder off.
Me" Can I ask you something?"
Yanga" Yea"
Me" Why are you being kind towards me?"
Yanga" I am generally a kind person, I don't have a valid reason"
Me" Okay"
Yanga" I don't want anything from you"
"I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable"
Me" Okay"
Yanga" You just looked sad and I wanted to make you smile"
"Wasn't my intention to harass you"
Me" Yazini inceba ka Yesu"
"That's what my name means"
Yanga"That's different"
Me" I know, I prefer being called Yaya"
Yanga" I don't think I will call you that, I love your name way too much"
We got to my place and like I predicted Qhama was standing outside, looking for me.
Yanga" Ohhhh hahaha, now I get the Ben 10 thing"
"Is he yours?"
I nodded
Yanga" Kanti unangaphi?"
Me" 20 and he will soon be 9 years old"
I smiled at Qhama when I said that.
Qhama" Wena unangaphi?"
He laughed
Yanga" 33"
Qhama" Yhuuuuuuuuuu"
We both laughed
Me" Thanks for walking me home"
Yanga" I'm glad I did"
Qhama"Siyobukela isoccer thina"
"Ufuna uhamba?"
Yanga had this huge grin on his face.
Me" He doesn't like soccer"
Yanga" I love it"
We had a mini starring contest and he laughed
"I'll take you"
Me" We will take a taxi"
"Okay then, we are taking a taxi"
I laughed and he smiled
Yanga" I'll be back at half 3"
"Ithini inumber ka sister wakho?"
Qhama told him my number and it was the only time I actually regret teaching him my number.
Me" You are wrong for this"
Yanga" After this, I will stay away"
Me" You promise?"
Yanga" I don't make those"
"I however don't lie, so if your wish is to never see me again, then I will stay away"
Me"Okay"
Yanga" Half 3?"
I nodded
Qhama" Yes! Ungabi late ke"
We both laughed at him
Yanga" Asoze"

I feel so stupid right now, why am I stressing over what to wear?????!!!!!. I am not that girl!
Qhama" Yaya, sizoba late"
I decided fuck it, I'll just be comfortable. I just wore plain blue jeans, a white t-shirt, an oversized olive green jacket and white sneakers. At 15:25, my phone rang and I assumed that's him because I didn't recognize the number.
Qhama" Khawuleza!"
He ran leaving me behind, I locked our place. I didn't recognize this car because when I first met him he was driving a smaller car and now he was in a black Range Rover. Qhama was already in the car, that made me laugh because he didn't even know this guy but he was already comfortable in his car. I got in and he was looking at me, it was like he has never seen me before. I think it was the make up or the wig, he cleared his throat.
Yanga" Seatbelt on please"
He played music then wore his sunglasses and with that we were gone. Qhama filled the silence with his gibberish, Yanga was laughing and asking him questions, Qhama was having so much fun.
Me" Yey! We are here"
Iooked for our tickets, then took them out.
Yanga" Come with me"
Ndithi he was in his element, he had Qhama on his one hand and I was next to Qhama. Everyone was trying to get his attention, he would stop to chat and then we would carry on walking. Qhama? He was in heaven! My brother was on the Yanga train.
Me" Where are we going?"
Yanga" VIP"
He said it like I was supposed to know. My brother had the time of his life, I don't think I have ever seen Qhama this happy. He passed out on our way back home.
Me" Thank you for today"
Yanga" I had a good time"
Me" Qhama had an amazing time"
Yanga" I know, he is a good boy"
Me" Well thanks anyway"
Yanga" Don't wake him up, will carry him inside"
I was reluctant but then I relaxed because I'm not ashamed of my place. When I first moved in here, I only had a mattress and a two plate stove. Now I have a bed and some furniture. It wasn't much but to us it was home. I unlocked the door, it was messy because we left in a hurry.
Me" I'll walk you out"
Yanga" Sho"
"I'd like to see you again"
Me" I can't, Qhama and I are a package deal"
Yanga" I don't mind that"
Me" I do though, if I expose him to you and whatever this might be fails, then he will be disappointed. I don't like seeing him hurt"
Yanga" I respect that"
Me" Thanks for understanding"
Yanga" You have my number"

Someone play Kehlani's I'm not used to it!!!!!