Recovery

Chapter 12

4 MONTHS LATER

Someone once told me that running doesn't solve anything, I disagree they probably didn't run fast enough. I learned a few months ago that money is power, I arrived at the hospital and I was in pain. I remember slipping in and out of consciousness. I remember I grabed one nurse and whispered something in her ears before I passed out. I spent a week in recovery, I made sure I was drugged before visiting hours that way I wouldn't hear or see Yanga. 
Qhama" Yaya?"
I turned around to look at him, he was sad, I could see it in his eyes but if he knew what I knew. He would know that this betrayal was necessary. 
"Can I play outside?, ulele umntana"
I nodded
Me" Just don't go too far" 
Money makes a difference, don't let them tell you otherwise. Since dating Yanga I never used my salary or my tips, they were all chilling in the bank. I had so much money that bribing officials wasn't that hard.
*I started with the nurse, she hd one job, she would tell Yanga our child passed away. He didn't deserve to be a father.
* I knew he would tell my Aunt that I'm in hospital, when she came to visit, I asked her to take Qhama from Yanga. 
* I got another nurse to convince the doctor I was ready to be discharged but that wasn't hard because I was good. My baby just 2 weeks early. 
* Qhama and I went back to PE, I knew this for a fact. He would look everywhere but here.
* I finally got an internship, and Qhama was still in Curro. I used what remained of my money to pay his fees for 6 months. Then I changed everything in his emergency contacts. 
Qhama" Sange is here" 
He said shouting from outside, I went to open the gate and I laughed at her. She was wearing a baseball cap and huge shades. 
Me" Why?"
Sange" Sana! I couldn't risk it" 
I gave her a hug
Me" Qhama play at the back of the house tuu"
He nodded then ran to the back.
Sange" Khanya is on his way, he just stopped for food"
Me" I have food apha" 
Sange" Yhuu! Allow us to spoil you for once and the food is for this angel not you" 
She looked like him, so much, she had my lips and eyes but uboso was her father. 
Sange" Iza, uMakazi akubambe" 
My phone vibrated and it was Khanya, I quickly went to open for him. 
Me" Sana! Aniva, so many things"
Khanya" Awuqelanga uthandwa kanene"
I helped him with the plastics and we went inside, they were playing with her, she kept on trying to touch Sange's face. 
Me" You guys ruined her, she wants to be held oko!"
Sange" Tell Mommy you are a princess kaloku wena" 
The house I was living in belonged to Khanya's family, he told his mother about my situation and she offered it but all I had to do was pay for water and electricity. 
Me" I need to feed her" 
Sange" You look exhausted" 
Khanya" She doesn't sleep?"
Me" My paranoia, I sometimes think he will find us" 
Khanya" He hasn't stopped looking that's for sure"
Me"  Have you see him?"
Sange" He came to our place"
"He doesn't look good"
Khanya" We didn't say anything, he needed evidence and I let him go through my phone"
Me" What if he found my number?"
Khanya" I only have your number ku tilili"
It's like Hlalumi knew we were speaking about her father, she started crying. 
Sange" Tshomi?"
She wanted me to give him a chance to explain. 
Me" You promised not to tell him"
Sange" I won't but he doesn't deserve this"
Me" He killed my mother!!! I also didn't deserve to grow up without a mother"
They knew the story but they both didn't believe Yanga was capable of killing.
"I am doing this my way"
Khanya" Okay" 
As soon as Hlalumi fell asleep, I went to make food for everyone. We all sat and had a chat about everything but what we actually wanted to speak about. 
Sange" I will miss this yaz"
Me" I am starting to think awuzobuya wena"
Khanya" I said the same thing!"
She got it at Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and she was leaving 2 months from now.
Sange" I'll be back but with an accent"
Me" Don't be one of those people" 
"I'm already dealing with one twang in this house, I don't need you to switch up on me"
Sange" You really sent Qhama to Curro and you thought he wouldn't have an accent?"
"Usile"
They left around 8pm, it was such an amazing day. Hlalumi woke up after they left and started crying, I fed her then we sat and watched tv. 
Qhama" Goodnight Yaya"
Me" Goodnight my baby"
"Is everything ready for tomorrow??"
Qhama" Yep, I ironed and hug all my school shirts"
I will one day buy Sange and Qhama a tropical island, they helped so much with everything and I'm grateful to have friends like them.
Me" Okay then, I love you"
Qhama" I love you too"
The following day Qhama went to school, I waited for the nanny (Lunje) she is always late, she finally arrived then I left for work. It was a drag as always but I didn't mind because I was getting paid, although my stipend didn't cover everything. So after work I worked as a waitress from 6 until 11pm, I however didn't work weekends, I needed to spend time with my babies. I was always exhausted but I didn't mind, we needed the money. 
Me" Nisahleli?"
Lunje" Ewe, uyamazi kaloku"
Hlalumi sleeps during the day but at night she wants to stay up. I usually ignore her until she falls asleep.
Me" Hambo lala, I'll take her"
Lunje" Ukutya kwakho is in the fridge and Qhama has a permission slip that needs to be signed"
Me" I'll do it kusasa"
"Goodnight"
Lunje" Sho"
I did some work while Hlalumi entertained herself, she was starting to fall asleep but was fighting it. I fed her and she fell asleep immediately. I rocked her back and forth before going to put her down.  
Me" Goodnight baby"
I went to wash the dishes, then went on my instagram to stalk Yanga. He hasn't uploaded anything since 4 months ago, I can't look at his stories without him knowing that I did. I went back on his timeline and I saw a picture of Qhama, Giant, Hulk and I with the caption;
"I come home to this every single day. Surely I am God's favorite child"
I went through everything and then went to stalk Solly, she uploaded a candle 3 months ago with the caption;
"Pray for your friends, pray for their healing and pray that God forgives you"
I decided to just go to sleep because a part of me felt guilty about what I was doing to Yanga but mostly Hlalumi because she deserves to know her father. I knew mine and I still miss him everyday.