Yanga and Qhayiya

Chapter 28

"Mommmmmmmmmy!"
Yanga and I laughed, he barged in the room and stood next to me.
Qhayiya" Hlalumi said threw my slime away"
The door opened again, it was Hlalumi
Yanga" What did he do?"
Hlalumi" He jumped on the bed while I was still sleeping"
Qhayiya" I wanted to play with you Hlahla"
Hlalumi" I'm not your friend! Stay out of my room!"
Yanga" Nugget don't you think that's mean?"
Hlalumi" I hate him Dad! He is always taking my things and you guys take his side"
Me" That's what little brother's do though Hlalumi, he just wants your attention"
Yanga" Why can't you play with him?"
Hlalumi" I'd like one day! Where I don't have to deal with him! Just one day!"
Qhayiya" I am sorry ke"
Hlalumi" I hate you!"
Yanga" I know it's your birthday but you cannot treat your brother like that! You will apologize"
Hlalumi" Andifuni!"
"I hate Qhayiya, and I don't want him at my party"
Yanga" You not getting a party Hlalumi, not if you behave like that"
Hlalumi" You all hate me!!!"
"Now Dad you take his side but he was wrong"
Yanga" You can't hate your brother, he is your family. When your mother and I are no longer here, it will just be the two of you Hlahla"
"I am sorry that he jumped on your bed, I know you hate that"
She was in tears and I knew Yanga would cross the ocean for Hlalumi, and her being in tears was not an option.
Yanga" Go bath, we will go get waffles together"
He got up and went to hug her.
"Daddy loves you Nugget"
Qhayiya and I laughed because Yanga always falls for the tear trap.
Qhayiya" I was jumping on her bed because I wanted her to see her gift"
"I worked hard on it"
I could tell he was disappointed and that broke my heart.
Me" Myeke, we can watch tv together and order pizza"
" I love you"
He ran out of the room.
Yanga" I thought we would all go out for waffles"
Me" Hlalumi wants you, just assure her that I'm not dying. She is just worried about me and is taking it out on Qhayiya"
Yanga" I enjoyed what you and Lona did yesterday"
Me"  So did the kids, sucks that Qhama missed it"
Yanga" He wouldn't have enjoyed it"
"Qhama is no longer a child and you treat him like one. He is almost Dr Kwayi"
Me" As if you don't treat him like a child, I know about your secret calls to him"
He laughed
Yanga" Hey, I met Qhama when he was 9 years old. He is practically our first child"
"Also; befofe you bite my head off, I made a purchase for him"
Me" What did you get?"
Yanga" A car"
Me" A new car?"
Yanga" Second hand but he deserves a car"
"You not shouting at me"
Me" I stopped wasting my time like that"
"Can we afford that, we both don't work"
Yanga" I am working again remember? I am a state prosecutor now, I'm arguing my first case on Tuesday"
"And we can afford these things, you and I invested in Thabang's energy company. We have shares at the mine, Nathan included everyone who could raise the capital for that. And I am still a consultant for the Montgomery group. We are fine, we have money"
Me" Okay"
He kissed me
Yanga" Wanna relive how we created those two ugly kids?"
I laughed
Me" Maybe lock the door"
Yanga" Great idea. I'll lock while you get naked"

Hlulumi's party was out of this world, we even caught a glimpse of her laughing with Qhayiya. His gift? Was a beanie that Yanga got at some conference so he only brought one. He gave it to Qhayiya since he was the youngest, then gave Hlalumi a pen. So Qhama gave Hlalumi his beanie a birthday present and made paper hats that look the same for the five of us, that way no one felt left out.
Yanga"Look at those three idiots. We deserve better than them. At least I have you, I mean you are weird too, but you brought light into my life so I accept you"
I hit his shoulder laughing at the thing he was saying.
Me" I love you old man"
Yanga" Hahaha you are not that young anymore"
Me" You wish I wasn't"
"You are lucky that I am into to old men"
He grabbed me then pulled me closer to him and kissed me.
Me" Should we take this inside?"
He laughed
Yanga" No one, just wanted to test a theory"
" And yep, you still love me"
I laughed
Me" You thought I didn't?"
Yanga" I know you do, but love without passion is sometimes a thing"
Me" Well, not with us, I love you"
He looked at me and smiled
Yanga" You said that for the first time 15 years ago"
"You were so nervous, and I know the first time that I met you that I wanted you to have my children"
Me" Nyani?"
Yanga" Yazini. It has always been you baby, you are the only woman in this world that I want to spend the rest of my life with. You. And those 3 weirdos"
Me" Yanga"
"Thank you for choosing me"
Yanga" I'll do it a thousand times again"
Qhayiya pulled my dress
"Mommy please come, York wants to play soccer" .
I laughed because he was probably forcing York to play soccer. Sange's son doesn't care for anything just wants to be around his father qha.
Me" Okay, go get him ke"
Yanga" Tie your shoe laces"
He quickly did then ran.
"He is definitely your son"
I laughed
Me" Well he looks like you"
Yanga" That's the only thing, character he is definitely yours"
"Baby, let me go the the other men"
We kissed
Me" Sho"

Tuesday morning we all got up were ready for a good day. I made breakfast, we ate, Qhama and Yanga went to fetch the car yesterday. Today we were all supporting Yanga's big day.
Hlalumi" I call short gun, I'm riding with Mommy and uncle Qhama"
Yanga" Hlahla, that's what Qhayiya wanted. He hasn't been in the new car"
Hlalumi" But Dad I called short gun, and Qhayiya always goes with Mom"
Me" I'll ride with Dad, and you all go with Qhama"
Qhayiya" Nope, I'll go with Dad"
Me" Why?"
Qhayiya" I hid my party sweets in his car"
We all laughed. I kissed my husband.
Me" I love you, knock it out of the park"
Yanga" Yes! Now I am fighting for good"
Qhama" Good Luck"
" What's the plan again?,
Me" You drop me off in court. Then these two go to Thabang and Bahle, we will see you guys afterwards"
Qhama" I don't get why we can't go straight to the hotel"
Yanga laughed
Yanga" They want to see where the magic happens"
"Lets go"
Me" I love you tshongo bubi"
He smiled
Qhayiya" I love you too Mommy"
"I won't eat all those sweets"
Yanga" He will, best believe"
"I love you Nugget"
Hlalumi" Love you too Dad"
Yanga" Qhama, drive safe. And I'm proud of you"
Qhama" Thanks Bhuti"
"We will be safe"
Him and I hugged before he got into the car.
Me" See you later"
Yanga" See you later"

New Brighton court is literally a minute away from the police station. The first time I watched Yanga argue a case here, he was still a criminal lawyer and an arrogant one. I was so in love and impressed by him.
We were literally at the police station gate when 3 cars cut us off and three men got out of the car and people started running as the gunshots went. I tried to open the door and Qhama pulled my arm, I yanked it away from him and ran. As the cars were speeding off and the police where finally on the scene. The police station is 60 seconds away from the New Brighton court.
"Yanga!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I fought through the crowd, my husband's lifeless body was on the pavement and people were watching.
"Yanga!!!!!! Yanga!!!!!! VUKA!!!!!! Phakama!!!!!!.....no..no!!!.....no!!!!! Yanga....Yanga....Please!!!!.... You....Yanga!!!!"
I got up and screamed when I saw my son.
Me" Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!!"
"No! A.a no!"
Someone pulled me away and I fought them off me.
"Qhayiya....Yanga!!!!...... "
*
*
*
*
*
*
"We did everything we could but ........"
The doctor said before they told me Qhayiya died on the operating table.
"I wanna see him"
I don't know much about life, but if anyone could ask me; what is the most painful thing about life?, I'd definitely say Death. Death is painful, it's dark and it doesn't go away. It's a constant, it steals happiness, it always waiting in the corner that to remind you that life hurts and we are living on borrowed time. That's the most painful thing about life, it's death.
"Let mommy sing for you, so you can sleep"
" It's a little bit funny, this feelin' inside 
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money, but boy, if I did 
I'd buy a big house where we both could live
If I was a sculptor, but then again, no 
Or a man who makes potions in a travelin' show 
Oh, I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do 
My gift is my song and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody this is your song 
It may be quite simple but now that it's done 
I hope you don't mind" 🎶🎶🎶