Sibling love

Chapter 16

I looked around and everyone was on their feet, I looked at their facial expressions. As I walked down the aisle with Qhama, and I looked up and there he was. He was actually crying, I smiled at him.
" I love you"
He murmured, I knew that this is the best decision I have ever made for myself. I met Yanga when I was 20, I had a lot of firsts with him, I always imagine what would have happened if I never bumped into him after the night he took me home. Who I would have been if I never gave him a chance. Loving him has given me so many opportunities to open up and explore. He has given me a lot of room to grow and become the woman I never thought I could be. I delayed so much because I didn't have help and he came into my life, helped me carry all these burdens. I always imagine my life as a movie, this part would be the climax and there has to be a song that will define everything that's happening. A montage, I think Natalie Taylor's Surrender would be the perfect song. 
"You may now kiss the bride"
That's me, I am the bride. Yanga and I did it, I watched everyone dance and laugh. It felt like those moments in the movies, were everything is being fast forwarded or captured in slow motion and the music played, only the moments that led up to this were being captured.
"I love you"
He murmured from across the room, I smiled at him. I couldn't imagine being married to anyone else but him. 
Khanye" Who are all these people?"
I laughed
Me" Yanga's friends and people who invited themselves"
"Today has been so perfect"
Khanya" I am so happy for you"
"I don't know anyone who deserves happiness more than you" 
Me" Thank you for always being there"
Khanya" Always"
Me" I'll be right back"
I walked to Yanga, he was standing with Ongama.
Me" Dance with me"
We slow danced with Ed Sheeran's Perfect playing, I didn't want this moment to end, I wanted to be in his arms and just have him hold me tight.
Yanga" Mrs Baliso"
I giggled
Me" I like the sound of that"
Yanga" So you mine forever"
Me" Yep, you're stuck with me"
He kissed my forehead then pulled me in again.
Yanga" I am lucky"
Me" So am I"
"Promise me something"
Yanga" What?"
Me" Don't let me forget you"
"I never want to forget you"

The weeks that followed after the wedding were interesting, it felt like we were sort of racing against time.
Me" Happppppy Birthday QhamQham"
Hlalumi, Yanga and I decided to sing for him.
"You have to share this cake with us"
Qhama" Hahaha you should have bought two"
"You know I love chocolate cake"
He gave me a hug.
Me" Guess what?"
Qhama" You bought me new sneakers?"
We all laughed
Me" Something better, you and I are celebrating your birthday together. Just the two of us"
"Just like old times"
Qhama" Serious?"
Me" I suggest you go take a bath, so we can get started"
Hlalumi" Mna?"
Me" Utheni?"
Hlalumi" Ndashiyeke?"
Me" Yea, bond with your father"
"And your siblings"
I said pointing at the dogs and Yanga laughed
Yanga" That's mean"
I kissed her cheek
Me" Mommy will take you out soon"
"' But today you don't matter"
I ran upstairs to take a shower, finished with that then did my make up. I wore black leggings, an oversized black t-shirt and Yeezy wave runner sneakers.
Yanga" How do you manage to look so ravishing without even trying?"
He was standing at the door with a huge smile on his face.
Me" You are in love with me, so biased opinion"
" And thank you"
Yanga" Are you driving?"
Me" Yea, I think I will be fine"
Yanga" You will be fine"
Driving scares me, I sometimes think I am not over the hijacking.
Me" What will you and your children do all day?"
We both laughed
Yanga" Hahaha we will take my sons to the dog spa then my daughter and I will go on a Daddy and Daughter date"
Me" I think she will appreciate that"
"Should I take out clothes for her?"
Yanga" Hay usile"
I laughed
Me" I was trying to help"
Yanga" Hamba Yazini before I take you on that bed and show you how disappointed I am with that punishment"
Me" You could"
Yanga" Hahaha hamba!"
Qhama and I finally left, we started at Gravity. He used to love this place, we jumped and had milkshakes afterwards, then went to the Glow in the dark place to play put put golf. We took pictures and played another 18 holes.
Me" Still having fun?"
Qhama" Yaya, I wouldn't have minded if you invited everyone"
Me" I do, you and I haven't done anything together in a while. I never want you to think you are less important because I had a child and got married"
"You will always be my family"
He gave me a hug
Me" Next stop"
"I hope you are hungry"
Qhama" I am starving"
In the car I played some Yanga, we both know Tatakho word for word. So we had fun doing that together, it was the little moments, I needed him to never forget that he is my person.
Qhama" Whaaaaaaaaat!"
That was his reaction when we entered New Brighton, we drove pass our old place. We both laughed, finding parking at KK (tshisa nyama) on a Saturday is a nightmare. So we parked at the post office and decided we will walk the rest of the way.
Qhama" This day can't get any better"
Me" Are you sure? You haven't seen your gift"
We bumped into people who know me through Yanga, made small talk then finally went inside. We bought our things then decided to go outside while we wait for our food.
Qhama" Should we go visit Granny?"
Me" You want to visit her?"
He nodded
Qhama" We haven't seen her in a while and she is our Gran"
I rolled my eyes, but I didn't argue, we walked back to the car.
Qhama" She will be happy to see us"
Me" Okay Boy"
She was literally a 5 mins away from where we were. The door was opened, Qhama knocked and this old guy peeped.
"Thunzi"
He said, that's her name.
Qhama" You think she has a boyfriend?"
I laughed
Me" Looks like it"
We went to the back, she was seated there with her friends drinking.
Gran" Tshini! Naba abantwana baka Zama"
She got up to give us a hug, I wondered did she ever feel guilty for making me take of Qhama without her helping. I can't imagine myself doing that to Hlalumi, I can't imagine never loving my daughter's children.
Qhama" We thought we should visit"
Gran" Nindiphatele ntoni?"
"Asoze ndisuke ngapha empty handed"
I kid you not! That's what she said, I couldn't miss the disappointment in Qhama's face.
Me" It's Qhama's birthday"
She pulled him close and gave him a hug.
Gran" Happy birthday Qhama. Umdala ngoku"
She looked at my finger
"Watshata?"
Yea, I didn't invite her.
Me" Two months ago"
Gran" Noba une mali, ndini bona ngovaseka"
"I wonder unyoko waxakwa yintoni ufuna indoda ene mali kwela Kapa
I looked at my little brother, his face was filled with regret. That's the thing with children, they never remember the hard times. At least he discovered all on his own that she doesn't care about us.
Me" I think we should go"
"I left my bag in my car, you can come fetch it"
Qhama walked in front of me, he wore his seatbelt and started typing on his phone. I gave her 350rand, then we left.
Qhama" Now I get it"
Me" We don't need her"
"We have each other and that's all that matters"
Qhama" I just thought...since Yanga's mother loves me and she always says I am her grandson, I thought she would be the same"
"I guess I was wrong"
Me" It's okay to be wrong, don't beat yourself up about it"
"Enough about her"
Qhama" You're right, we have a whole lot of meat waiting for us"
Me" Let's go eat!"

We got home a little after 8 pm, Yanga and Hlalumi we watching a movie.
Me"  We are back"
Hlalumi" Shhhh Mommy"
Qhama and I laughed at her, then went to his room. I wanted to give him his gift.
Me" I know you don't have a lot of memories when it comes to Mama, and I found this photo at Grans house when we lived there. I took it because I didn't think she deserved it"
I gave his a photo frame, in it there is a photo of Mama and us. It was Qhama's first birthday and we all looked so happy.
"She loved you Qhama, I know you didn't get to spend a lot of time with her. So this is just something for you to remember her by"
He gave me a hug, and I bit my bottom lip trying to stop myself from crying.
Me" One more gift then we are done"
I handed him a box.
"Open it"
He unwrapped it and he had this huge smile when he saw it was a Nike box.
Me" Air force 1 retro"
"Don't you ever say I never buy you cool sneakers again"
He jumped to give me a hug
Qhama" Thank you Yaya"
Me" Happy Birthday lil Bro"
Qhama" The best birthday ever"
"Thank you for always taking care of me"
Me" I will always take care of you. Always"
Qhama" I love you "
We hugged
Me" Never forget to remind me how much you love me"
Qhama" I will never forget"