Between friends

Chapter 14

Khanya" Sana!"
Me" I thank God for Yanga's mother for making this possible for me"
We were at Cubana in Greenpoint trying to catch our breath. Wait, I feel like I've skipped a few important details; Yanga and I are not back together, he is still with Zoe, Solly for some odd reason invited me to her charity gala and who am I to pass up an opportunity to dress up. It was a long weekend, so I convinced Khanya to tag along. Yanga's mother took Qhama and Hlalumi because he was also coming to the gala. Khanya and I flew out before Yanga, we had sex 3 months ago and I still can't be in the same room as him. We told Sange we will be in Cape Town and I needed a dress, we arrived Thursday night, she took us out for supper and we somehow ended up in Khayelitsha, this morning she went to work then she returned, she told us to dress up and here were are. Having the time of our lives trying to see if we still have a pulse. 
Sange" Don't tell me you guys are tired"
Khanya" This isn't normal"
Sange" This is nothing" 
We went back inside, someone pulled my arm and I turned around to look. 
Me" Hey"
I recognized him but wasn't sure from where. 
"Andrew"
I laughed
Me" Arg, sorry man"
He gave me a hug then greeted my friends.
Andrew" That's Viwe, Thabang and Nathaniel"
Me" Khanya and Sange"
I knew them and this was a bit awkward, I think Sange could sense it. 
Sange" We are trying to get stupid drunk"
Andrew" With Hennessey? I'll be right back" 
He came back with a bottle of Vodka and two waitresses following him with 14 jager bombs and 14 tequila shots. 
Andrew" To getting stupid drunk"
Have you ever had so much much that you were starting to doubt if something was actually happening?. That was me right now
Me" Pinch me"
I whispered to Khanya
Khanya" Senxile"
We both laughed, I don't know whose idea it was for us to take the party to Nathan's house. But we left, I usually hate drinking and driving but Thabang prayed for all of us and for some stupid reason we believed it was enough. It must have been because we got to Nathan's house and the party carried on. They took out champagne.
Khanya" We need to make a toast"
Sange got on top of the table and popped the bottle
Sange" To being Young and Black!"
Andrew" Woah, what about us?"
We all laughed
Viwe" To being our ancestors wildest dreams" 
I honestly don't remember when I passed out, but I hated what I was doing right now. My head in the toilet, Khanya throwing up in the sink. 
Me" Ndibuyekile"
Khanya" Same"
I threw up and he followed, the bathroom door opened and Thabang gave us two bottles of water.
Thabang" Amateurs"
Khanya" I can't even deny that"
We drank the water, then sat on the cold tile.
Me" Uphi uSange"
Khanya" I know I am a bad friend but andimazi"
The bathroom door opened, and Sange entered. 
Me" Velaphi?"
Sange" I was having sex. It cured my hangover, do with that what you want"
I laughed
Khanya" With who?"
Sange" Andrew"
"The others are married"
Me" I want to judge you but I have a headache"
Sange" Get up, Thabang is making breakfast for everyone"
Khanya" Ndinga phalala apha mna"
Me" Same"
We went to join the others, I didn't even recognize the other girls nor did I even know they were there. We all ate, Khanya and I laughed at our instagram stories. 
Thabang" I have to go, but this was fun"
Khanya" Fun for who? Because we are suffering thina"
Andrew laughed
Andrew" This is nothing, we have done far worse"
Sange" So tonight?"
Me" I can't, remember I have the gala dinner thing"
Viwe looked at me
"I guess Andrew is the only one who recognised me"
Andrew" She is Yanga's wife"
Me" We were never married, we just have a child together"
Thabang" Nah, you look different"
Me" I was 22 when I met y'all and that was 3 years ago. I guess I grew up"
I expected them to turn on me, but nothing. Instead Andrew looked at Sange then asked
"Would you like to by my date for tonight?"
Sange" I don't think I have a dress, I'll text you"
Andrew" You can always buy one"
Thabang requested an uber for the other girls then it was just the 7 of us. It was just chilled, Sange and Andrew were being inappropriate but no one really paid attention to them. 
Viwe" This was fun, I however have to go before Solly kills me"
Thabang" I know I am dead"
Nathan" I can't relate"
Khanya" I thought you were also married"
Nathan" I am, but my wife lands at half 2, you will all be gone by then"
"I just have to fetch her"
Khanya and I laughed
Sange" It's 3 o'clock wena perfect husband"
We laughed when he jumped out of his chair.
Viwe" Samantha will kill him"
"Am I dropping anyone off?"
We all looked at Sange and Andrew
Andrew" I came here with my car, Sange and I are going dress shopping"
Me" Where are your car keys?"
Sange" My bag"