A baby?

I wake, hearing soft sleepy sighs on my head. A warm soft body is wrapped around me. It feels nice, I wonder if what the wierd god man said was true.

I reach out to wipe my eyes from the sleep, and flinch as I realize they're baby's hands. The cubby little fingers move at my command. I squeeze them into a small fist.

" mhmm, what are you doing, Aiko?" Some one whispered in my ear.

"Bibleblebbuh..." I try to talk, but fail miserably. Realizing that I have in fact been reborn, I try to look up at the person that I'm guessing is my mother.

She looks beautiful.

Long black haired locks that curled slightly at the ends, pale ivory skin and her dark brown eyes. I study her other features.

Perfect silky soft skin, a cute button nose with a slight blush on her cheeks. Filled eyebrows and long lashes. Basically everything you could wish for.

But what about me? I think, reaching out, I touch her hair. It curls around my finger and softly bounces back when I let go.

Turns out, from what I heard just then, she has named me Aiko. When I'm able to speak, I'll ask her what it means.

I yawn and cutely make an attempt to hug my new mothers torso, but fail yet again, because my arms are too short.

✄┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

But that was years ago.

I'm now 4 years old, and turns out, I'm the beauty of the village. Second to my mother of course.

She gave birth to me at quite a young age, resulting in her looking still gorgeous at the age of 26. When I was 2 my father left for work and had yet to return. Most of the village people are convinced he's either dead or has found another woman.

But my mother dealt with it and has never broken down. She kept her head high and told anyone who asked, that she was fine and that her first priority was her sweet little baby daughter.

I looked quite similar to her, with soft pale skin, black hair and a small frame. But my eyes where the same as father, said mother. They where deep green. And when they sparkled in the sun, some would say they looked like the finest green emeralds in the land.

The news that my mother was beautiful had reached quite far, resulting in foreigners to come from far and wide just to speak with her and see her beauty.

One time, just a couple of months ago, there came a strange looking man to our house. He had a long khaki cloak on that reached all the way to his ankles.

He had barged into our house and recked the sliding bamboo door.

My mother told me to stay quiet and hide in the cupboard where the futons where. I did as she said but I could still hear his shouting and her pleas for him leave.

I snuck out at some point and stumbled over to the kitchen where I could hear them talking.

"Momma?" I whimpered. Hoping that the man wouldn't hurt her, as I had grown to love her over the couple of years I have known her.

The man was tugging her hair and she herself was on her knees, it was apparent that he had hit her on the cheek.

"Ah, whats this? A child?" He asked in a cruel and raspy voice.

"Aiko, you need to hide! Now, please baby" my mother cried. Hoping that somehow he wouldn't take notice of the cute little toddler that was peeking around the side of the table.