Fire.

"What?" Fumiko shakily said.

The smell of smoke got stronger and filled your nose, blocking all other smells.

It overwhelmed your senses.

In the distance, if you looked over the roofs, you could see the smoke. It billowed and swirled.

Getting slowly bigger.

I widened my green eyes. They reflected the smoke. It was covering half the village already. I could hear the crumbling of buildings. Fear. i could feel an overwhelming wave of fear wash over me.

My knees buckled. I fell to the ground. The dirty ground littering my kimono.

My mother and Fumiko gathered us and tried to get as far away from our wooden house as possible.

The screaming continued.

Most of us where crying, clinging to my mothers kimono. She kneeled down to our level hugging some of us while trying to calm the smaller kids.

I looked down the street. There where kids, adults and others attempting to run from the flames.

It was utter chaos.

We fled to the street, trying to find the parents of the other children with us.

I looked down the street, and found myself staring at the man from five and a half months ago.

He had come early.

His cloak flowing open, revealing the belt of weapons he had. He was holding a flamethrower. It's was flaring around as he maniac laughed. The bloodlust was rolling of him in huge waves. It froze me on the spot.

He was about a hundred meters away from us.
His grin visable. We all froze, staring as he destroyed our town.

Quickly snapping out of it, Fumiko pushed my mother in the opposite direction. She stayed still at first but eventually moved, braking into a run they raced towards the exit gate. It lead into a open field. Just beyond that was the rice fields that us children enjoyed so much.

But what they didn't notice was the fact that I was still standing there, in the middle of the street. I was frozen, my thoughts screaming at me to move, to run.

I swallowed, only to find that my throat was parched. It was as dry as a desert.

I watched from my spot as the strange man stalked closer, burning my beloved village to the ground.

Sweat rolling down my face, I stumbled back. I tripped over. Stupid pebble, I thought. Now, stitting on the ground, I tried to get back up. Only to meet the piercing stare of the male, who had walked the extra 20 meters in a matter of seconds.

The bloodlust surrounded me, numbing my nerves, withdrawing my ability to quickly react, and most importantly, not allowing me to escape.

He stomped the ground, creating a giant crater in the ground. Huge cracks ran up along the sidewalks and up the sides of half standing buildings.

I'm think he's using nen. My sixteen year old brain working, rather than my small five year old body. I don't remember much from the anime, but I'm guessing he's an enhancer.

"Now your pesky little mother can't come and save you." He chuckled. His eyes wide and filled with satisfaction.

I quickly look at my surroundings and see that he's right. The crater is big enough, that if anyone would want to jump in, they would still not be there quick enough to avoid a attack and save me at the same time. Plus, it's pretty deep.