Story time

Every thought about how imperfect is literally I'm and perfect stuck together?

Well...this is awkward.

But I mean... can I tell him?

I think it'll be fine.

"God, how do I start..." I sighed, nervousness building up in me.

My thoughts collided in trusting him or not letting him know the pain of being alone for years even though I know he has experienced it too.

He wears his dead clans clothes, and that's enough to tell me he is just as lonely on the inside as I am. Even more so than me I dare say.

I might have a father, two awesome bodyguards who I could trust my life with and even a whole country devoted to me and my linage, but...

I couldn't help but feel like something wasn't yet complete, not yet totally whole.

Maybe it was my deceased mother, or most of my dead village, or even the fact that I lived on my own for years of my childhood, barely living.

I don't know.

But Kurapika...

He doesn't have anything except Gon, Killua and Leorio.

Suddenly I feel very guilty.

Why should I feel this ungrateful? Even when there are others bearing the same if not more pain than me?

My mood saddens and my guilt increases.

And now I've had to go and ruin the date mood.

"I lived in this very cute little village close to here, York New City." I slowly said, my eyes started to prickle a little at the memories.

"And it was nice, everyone was nice, life was nice. Everything was fine." I continued.

I let out a long sigh and then grinned painfully.

"Haha, of course it wasn't. There where people who thought it was funny to judge my mother you see, and because my father left us when I was two or so, she became a laughing stock for the elders," I sarcastically laughed, "she stayed strong, definitely didn't let anything faze her, and especially not letting anything happen to her cute little daughter."

He nodded, his cold eyes softening at my look of love.

I felt a sudden movement and the next thing I know Kurapika's big hand enveloped mine, a soothing finger tracing circles over my knuckles.

I closed my eyes in a thanks and then went on.

"One day, this man came to us. He told us that my mother had to come with him for she was the beauty of the land and would sell to his client.

"She obviously said no, but I found them and he found me. He left. Then he came back. But this time, he brought fire with him. He burned the village and left us all to die and then kidnapped me instead of my mother."

My face scrunched, and I tried to blink back tears, a wave of crushing sadness fled through me as I remembered her smiling face, only to be covered in dust, screaming her lungs out to me. Trying to stop him. Oh, that terrible man.

I will kill him. I will kill him in cold blood, I will tear him limb for limb and I will make him sufffer for what he did.

Definitely.

"I escaped his client and then I was left in the wild, a child of five trying to survive with no way of knowing what came next. But honestly it wasn't so bad." I sighed, remembering the beautiful nights of white blinking stars in the dark blanket covering the earth, gazing at them from a treetop along with birds or a lone animal able to climb trees.