Chapter 4

Staring at the dress, I start to wonder if going out on a date is even safe. Kyle is everywhere and I'm scared. Jordan walks in with a plate of pilau and a can of sprite which makes me smile.

"What are you waiting for?" she says while staring at her food," Put on the dress."

I look at the dress and then on my phone with the text from Derek about where he should pick me up.

"Christi, what's wrong?" Jordan is now looking at me with worry.

"I'm scared."

"of what?"

"Kyle."

"Are you kidding me!?" Jordan put her food down," Your relationship with him is over so you don't have to worry about him. You and him need to let go."

"I just-," I pause," He knew where I was and even came into the changing room, and he also knows I'm going on a date."

"And what will he do?" Jordan stops and thinks than she realises," You still have some feelings don't you?"

"I..."

A bright light shines out the window and a car horn is heard outside. I check my phone to see a text message from Derek saying he is here.

"Bye Jordan," I say; trying to rush out of the door.

"This conversation ain't finished," she says touching my shoulder with her eyes piercing mine.

I smile and go to the front door. I yell a goodbye to my mum and I go out of the door into Derek's car. I recognised it from the car last time.

"Hey Carla." He says while smiling at me.

" Hey Derek," I say," Did you make reservations."

"Yeah of course," he says, " It's tradition for a man to make the reservations."

"Well yeah," I chuckle," Now lets go."

He starts the car and we were on our way to the restaurant. In the car ride, we made small talk and listened to the radio.

"We're here." he says while opening his door then he goes around and opens the door for me, like a gentlemen. I get out of the car and he holds my hand; making me blush like crazy but he couldn't see that, these are the moments where I thank God for being black. We go into the restaurant and we go to the front desk. Derek tells the lady at the desk about our registration but the lady says it was cancelled. We asked the lady why it was cancelled and she told us the big boss wanted our reservation cancelled and should give it to someone else. I was not having it but Derek calmed me down.

"Listen, it's okay," He calmy says," We could go to my place."

I think for a while since I just met this guy like a day ago and I don't know that much about him.

"I'm not crazy and we don't have to do anything," He say looking worried," I will just cook you something."

"Hmm, okay sure," I smile," Let's do it."

We get into his car and we go to his place.

"So um do you think..." I answer his question; already knowing what it was.

"I know it was him," I mutter looking down.

"The dick," He says smiling and that made me smile.

For the rest of the car drive, we stayed in comfortable silence. The neighbour we drove through was quite pretty. I was kinda shocked how is an uber driver living in a place like this. He stops the car and gets out then again opens the door for me. Hand in hand, he takes me to his apartment and it was gorgeous. The walls were a light brown colour and the furniture matched it as well. He took me to his kitchen and I sat on the stool in his mini bar.