Chapter 12

Carla

I'm starting to lose count of the days that have gone past. Every day was the same: eat, sleep, and thinking time. Personally, I enjoy thinking time because I get to wander into a utopian world called dreamland. It's where I get to see my deepest desires come to play in my mind like seeing Jordan, Derek, and my mum. I know it might not happen in real life but at least I get to imagine them. The door opens and out step one of the guards with a knife. He heads towards me and I feel my heart stop. Accepting my unfortunate fate, I close my eyes and hope to be united with my ancestors. SLASH! My heart beats and I open my eyes. The tightening ropes drop to the ground and I feel blood rush into the uneven gaps on my hands and legs.

"Come with me miss," He takes my hand and pulls me out of the room.

We climb a few stairs and he opens the door; showing a kitchen that is way too familiar to me.

Jordan

My phone rings and I already knew who it was.

"Put it on speaker," Kyle says.

I accept the call and put it on the speaker.

Jordan?

His voice shakes and I can sense him trembling.

"Derek, are you okay?"

I don't know anymore. I-

He starts coughing and a gasp erupts from the phone but it wasn't his.

"Derek where are you?"

A female voice comes out of the phone but it is muffled.

"He must've found another woman," Derek whispers as a smirk leaves his mouth.

"Derek," I pause, confused as to what is going on," Who are you with?"

It's me, Callie's mum.

"Oh, aunty what happened to Derek."

Well, he came over in tears. He said he couldn't stay alone in his house as it just reminds him of Callie.

"So I guess you know."

Yeah but I pray she's safe and don't bother hiding it. I know you told Kyle and you're still at his office.

"I'm sorry," I bow my head," I had to he's the only one who can help."

I know sweetheart. Just make sure you save my baby.

"We will," Kyle says out loud.

I cut the phone and look at Kyle as the tears build in my eyes.

"How could you!?" I yell," You are causing so much pain."

"You did the right thing," He chuckles," You have now granted a visitor pass."

"For what," I sniff as I look into Kyle's eyes angrily.

"You get to visit your best friend whenever you want."

"But not this week," He says," I need to bring her back to me mentally first."

"I despise you."

"Not from the start," He brushes his hand on mine.

"Don't flatter yourself. I always suspected you and knew something was messed up about you."

"Suit yourself," He gets up and walks towards to door," Now if you excuse me, I have to see my soulmate."

"What a psycho."