Chapter 8

Derek
I wake up but I'm bed. Callie is not by my side. Going to to the living room, memories flash in my mind.
Callie shaking me.
Big guys wrapping something on my nose.
Taken to a van.
Being woken up.
"Who are you?"
"Your not needed."
" we're taking you back"
They talk and one nods. Then. Bang! Black.
I'm taken back to reality. They seemed all jumbled up but I can make out one thing. Callie is gone. I must fi—
There's a buzz. Someone trying to come in. I walk to the buzzer and listen.
"Open up, its me." Jordan says.
I sigh in relief as I let Jordan in the apartment. A few seconds later, a knock is heard and I instantly open the door; making sure she was not followed. Jordan goes in and I lock the door and check it.
"What wrong with you?" Jordan looks at me confused.
"Where's Callie?" I question with worry.
"That's why I'm here," she chuckles," how can she not answer my text, she pr—."
"They kidnapped her."
Jordan stops and looks at me in shock. Laughter erupts in the air.
"Dude nice try," she looks around," you can come out Callie."
"I wish it was," I sigh.
"No this ain't funny," she looks at me pissed.
Tears escape from my eyes one by one. I let myself collapse and fall into that deep hole I've tried to run away from. Fear.
"Dude the fake tears," I look at her showing my red eyes," men don't cry."
"All men cry but only when something serious happens."
Jordan drops on to the couch; head shaking uncontrollably.
"Please," she whimpers,"tell me it's a lie."
I shake my head. She lets out a screech as she covers her eyes, trying to stop the waterfall threatening to erupt.
"We must tell her mum in person," she gets up," and reports it to the police..."
Her voice fades but that one word echoes in my ear. police.
"..."
"You hear me," he sighs then tuts,"throw the w..."
Water splashed onto my face and I feel myself awaken.
"I g... you... hear me...," I shake my head," I'll say it again... we don't have much... until..."
I try to shake free but one of them holds me down.
"I need your girlfriend to get something of mine from..."
"Who?" I choke out.
"..."
"Now... more than likely forget most of... but it will comeback in... Hopefully, you'll forget..." he smirks,"I might as well... let you know some info."
His mouth moves but nothing comes out.
"If you report to the police,... and you and your girlfriend won't see the sunshine ever again."
I look at him with pure anger.
"You understand!" He yells but I don't respond," SAY IT!"
"I understand."
"Now repeat after me," he says," Don't tell the police."
"Don't tell the police." I repeat.
"Say that 50 times so it sticks in you brain," he walks to the door,"stay here and make sure he does it and if he doesn't make him start again."
He walks out and I was left with his two big bodyguards.
"Say it!" One of them yell.
I keep my mouth shut and look at the door in front of me. I feel a sharp pain on my neck. I yell and they yell at me to say what their boss told me to say.
"Don't tell the police," I say but as a faint whisper.
Jordan looks back at me," Huh?"
"Don't tell the police," I repeat clearly," don't tell the police."
"Derek?" She hear her closer to me," You're scaring me."
I'm stuck repeating it as if it will stop this nightmare. As if it will bring Callie back.