XV

Chapter 15: Chaos in my head.

“ The demons in my head make me mute,
They make me crazy in my solitude.
You say I lie and I know I do,
But don't you lie, you knew it too.
You should have waited for me when everyone left,
But you set me free which was more painful than death.”
                              —anonymous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could feel the sunlight caressing my face as I lay still. A hand was running through my hair and she was humming a soft tune.

I opened my eyes and looked towards her.

“Why am I here again, Mother?” I craned my neck and looked towards the scenery.

“ You know it's not real. You keep coming back.” She smiles. Her golden hair is long and her green eyes were shinning. She was really beautiful. I didn't get a single feature from her face. I got her body but that's all.

“ I know but this is the only way I can connect to you when I am sad. I love this version of you.” I smile and she laughs.

“ You know I am dead.”

I frown. “ Don't ruin the fun.”

I sigh.“ I want your advice. You know that I found my mate right? ” She nods.

“ I also know that he marked you when you were drunk.”

I humm in response.

“ I got Moonile back.”
“ I know. I can feel her.”

She knows everything.

“ So what should I do then?”

She strokes my face.

“ The moment you get your true form, he'll come for you. ”

I furrow my eyebrows.

“ Who?”

She sighs. “ I can't tell you that right now. Until the right time comes, we'll meet again.”  She starts fading.

I sit up and grab her shoulder.

“ No! Mother, what do I do with Vladimir?” Her fading form smiles.

“ Follow your heart.”

“ But that gives me bad directions.”

She just laughs and shakes her head and she is gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snap my eyes open and rip away the oxygen mask on my face and sit up.

Suddenly hands are on my shoulders. I can't comprehend anything as I suddenly rip out the IV from my arm and scramble off of the bed.

A hand grasps my wrist and I shake it off as I go towards the corner of the room.

Everything is blurry and I can't hear anything. There is a ringing sound in my ear.

What did they inject me with?

I shake my head to get a better vision but it just gets blurred more.

I feel myself falling again and arms catch me.

“ Vladimir?” I whisper before I pass out again.

It's dark again.

A shrill voice is coming from everywhere as I back away into the corner of that dark room.