XVIII

Chapter 18: Blood lust.

He confesses how long he's looked for a place to worship and,

Oh

You put him on his knees.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who are you?” I turn around and find a small girl standing at the entrance of the kitchen.

With her dazzling black eyes and brown hair, she looks about 8.

“ Who are you? ” I fire back. Getting little kids agitated is fun. I know I am evil. Sue me.

Her eyes narrow and she crosses her arms. Her chin raised high.

“ I am Princess Kylie Knight. The sister of King Xavier.” I hide my smile as I already knew that.

I tilt my head and decide that she isn't the one to be messed with. She seems upset as it is.

“ I am Adrienne.” I introduce myself.

Her upset eyes suddenly start gleaming. She points a finger towards me.

“ Xavier's mate” She questions.

“ Yes.” I chuckle when she starts bouncing.

Why did I already know she was going to react like this? A major personality split.

She grabs my hand and tugs me forward.

“ I wanted to meet you but mother and father were busy so we couldn't come back sooner.” She turns around and smiles up at me.

“ This doesn't mean that you are my friend. I am just going to know you and if I feel like you're worthy of my friendship, I'll give it to you.” 
I didn't feel slightly offended.

Hearing those words come out of an eight-year-old is pretty amusing, to say the least.

“ Okay, princess.”

She lightly smiles and then suddenly jumps up, almost startling me.

“ Come. I want to show you something.”
She grabs my hand and starts dragging me to God knows where.

We pass a bunch of hallways and her grip tightens more and she is bouncing on and on.

We reach a clear glass door with bright light coming from outside.

She stops and turns towards me.“ I hope you like it.” She grins and I smile back.

She opens the door and there is a big garden in front of me

I feel my eyes widen. This is so magnificent.

The garden is so big and so beautiful. There are different kinds of flowers and a big fountain in the middle. Birds are sitting on the trees. I see squirrels.

I feel a hand grab mine.

I turn towards Kylie whom I seem to have forgotten.

She looks up at me, her big black eyes shining with anticipation.

“ Do you like it?”
I turn towards the garden.

“ Absolutely.” I grin towards her.

She jumps forward and again drags me.

“ Now you have to choose your favorite flower.”  She makes me stand in the middle of the garden. Near the fountain.

I don't have to look.