XXIX

Chapter # 29 : The price!

Third person's P.O.V.

People like Lamarck are always one step ahead. That is because they have nothing to lose. While Everybody else has something, someone they don't want to lose and that's the leverage Lamarck has over them.

He has Adrienne who is Lexis and Vladimir's weakness and Vladimir is the whole kingdoms strength.

So, Lamarck has a big advantage over them and they know it.

Vladimir knows it as he is kneeling down in front of the love of life.
Lexis knows it but he can't do anything. Even though he isn't in shackles, he is tied. Lamarck has powerful fey on his side. No body is more powerful than him but they have Adrienne at her weak point and she isn't in control of her full power. He has her trapped with his magic.

But nobody knew what Vladimir was planning all along. After all, he knows his mate better than she knows herself. And when he is put into shackles, he sees the change.

Her eyes are no longer the dull blue filled with pain. They are pure white.

Adrienne can feel herself getting sucked into a vacuum. She can't get out of it. She won't. She has a mate to save.

Just as the tip of the dagger pierced his skin, she exploded.

Every lock that she had was overpowered by the desperation to save her mate.

It was then she realized how much in love she was. It's pretty crazy how life makes you realize things that you never want to.

They say in every fairytale that love over powers every spell, every curse.

It's not the love that over powers. It's the desperation. The desperation to save someone that is a part of your soul. Whenever someone is desperate enough, that they forget about themselves and just want the other person back, that is what breaks every chain.

She saw the desperation in Vladimir when he gave up his everything  for her. And she felt her desperation when the silver broke his skin.

When someone is really desperate for soemthing, it means that's your life line. That is your love. It doesn't always have to be a person. It can be a path, a job, a hobby etc.

But in her case, it was Vladimir.

It was all dirt and smoke everywhere but she could sense him.

And she could sense her new power and her change. She gave her wings a big flap and she was gliding straight towards Vladimir. She wrapped her arms around his torso and her wings carry her up with on powerful flap. The clouds soared pass her as she went down and settled Vladimir on their balcony. The highest chamber on the castle.

She was still hugging him. But when they landed, she let go of him.

Vladimir was shocked to see her like this. He has never encountered a get before.

Her arms had black veins and they extend towards her neck. Her bright white eyes and hair that were flowing like she was in water. There were two horns sprouting out of her head. Two white horns and her ears her a little pointy. But the major things were her big, feathered and different colored wings. One was black and one was white. One was black due to her vampire. Dead fey have black wings. But she has a vampire with her. She isn't dead but she isn't alive.

She looked like a angel but a devil at the same time.

She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him. They both haven't seen each other for more than a week. He also wrapped his arms around her. She was finally in his arms.