XXXIX

Chapter # 39 : Rituals and deaths

“ Every step she took created a
wildfire,
The only way she knew how to
put it out
Was to fill the clouds with blood,
And make it rain.”

   — black skies only know how to bleed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adrienne's P.O.V.

Today is the tomorrow I was dreading yesterday.

I need to keep a calm facade for the sake of literally everything.

My room is filled with different gowns, jeweleries, shoes and everything suitable for a wedding.

My wedding!

I am sitting in the bed as girls are pinning my hair everywhere and putting makeup on my face.

I gathered any information I could about this sacred ritual and it's pretty simple.

When he will mix the blood of the old king with mine and his blood and some old spells and blessings of the higher ranked, we have to drink the blood and then we will have to bind each other by accepting each other as husband and wife and later on King and queen.

The only downfall he has right now is that when he drinks blood he will go dizzy due to the blood and will be at his lowest for a moment and that moment is all that I have.
My advantage is that I have my vampire and she can control the blood shock. And in that one moment I have one shot at crushing his heart literally.

My thoughts are interrupted when a maid comes and bows in front of me.
“ It's time for the dress. ”

I get up as slowly as I can. I just want the time to stop.

I look at the variety of wedding gowns. Some are light pink, baby blue and blush or white. All light colors.

Then at the far end are two dark colored dresses. One black and one red.

I cock my head and point towards the red dress.

All the maids look at each other and then back at me.

“ That isn't that appropriate for a wedding and coronation my lady.” A petite maid comes forward and whispers.

I raise my eyebrow.“ Did I ask? I want that and that's final. Or do you want me to tell your king about how disrespectful you all are of my wishes?” I feel kind of bad threatening them as they back away in fear.
But I need to be that bitch in order to defeat that snake.

They start prepping me.

I stand infront of them mirror as I get changed into this beautiful red dress.