XXXII

Chapter # 32 : The last place.

I'm coming for all the monsters that ever touched him,
I am coming for all the ones who twisted his stars into shadows,
They turned him into a nightmare,
So I am going to be theirs.”
                           —they'll never wake up ( k.s.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vladimir's P.O.V.

We failed. Again. Three warriors seriously  injured from the shadow  pack.

Lots of fey blood. Adrienne's blood. But she's not here.
We were late.

I grab the table in my office as I stumble and almost fall down.
My head is filled with her and only her. Her blood was all over the ground. The sword was bathed in her blood, along with the chains. I almost killed those three injured wolves.

If it wasn't for Lexis they would've been dead.

I fall down loudly on my chair and grab the whiskey sitting in front of me.

“ Any news? ” My word slur. I look up and my council is staring at me like they've never seen me before.

“ Sire, I think you should rest. You seem tired.” A council member, Tony I think his name is, speaks.

I just take another big gulp of my drink.
“ Let me drink my sorrows away, Tony. You all should look for something. Anything?” I growl.

They all bow their heads and mumble out apologizes.

My glass is snatched out of my hands and I look up to see Max throwing it out.

“ How dare you, gamma?” I growl and stand up.

“ Stop drinking. Get some rest and talk with us tommorow morning when everything is clear with your mind and body.”
Max grabs my shoulder but I shrug him off.

How dare he order me?

I growl out loud.

Suddenly, Angelina appears out of knowhwere and knocks me back and I almost fall down.

“ Stop it King Xavier. I respect you but you are drowning yourself in your sorrow. What will you do if you suddenly have to rescue her? Will you go like this? You are weak like this. How do you think she would feel when the one that is supposed to be protecting her turns out to be no use of her at the end? Just because he couldn't handle his sorrow? Get back in your shape and get ready to protect her because she deserves that. What she doesn't deserve is you getting drunk and losing yourself when she is being strong and holding on to you. Now go and sleep.” Her words struck a cord deep that I almost cried.

I nodded. I excused myself and started walking towards my chamber.
I feel Max and Angelina following me.

They are skittish. They have never seen me like this. Hell! Even I have never seen myself like this. I feel like a mess. I look like a mess. I am a mess from inside out. That girl changed me. My girl changed me. I tried so hard to change her in the start and I didn't even realize that I was the one that changed. It's been so long since I heard her voice, her laugh even her anger.

I am sure all of my pack members are afraid of me. I am like a feral wolf. If they step on the wrong side of me, I might explode.

When I reach my chamber I turn around and hug Angelina.

I hear a protective growl coming from Max. “ Thanks Angelina. Tommorow I'll show you the true me and I won't disappoint your lady. By just don't tell her this when she comes back.”