15

Namjoon

"Now, is that the first time that your mother has tried to hit you?" The lady asks. Yoongi squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"N-No." I sniffle. "She h-hits me a lot. Every day. But when I'm at camp, she can't hurt me."

"May I see some of your bruises?" She asks. I look over to Yoongi, who nods lightly. I slowly lift my shirt to show the now-yellow spots on my body.

"Sh-She never wanted me, ma'am." I wipe my eyes. "I don't wanna go back! I wanna stay with Minhyuk, he said he'd take me!"

"Your mother has been taken into custody, and will be arrested for abuse. For now, you'll be able to stay with Minhyuk. If he wishes to adopt you, then we'll work something out." She says.

(Its a fanfic, so we're gonna go with it 😔✋🏼)

"I-I don't have to go back?" I ask.

"You don't have to see her again, Joonie." Yoongi hugs me. "You're safe now."

"Thank you." I hug him, nuzzling my face in his neck. "Thank you so much, Yoongi-hyung."

"Of course, baby. I'm only doing what a good friend would do." He strokes my hair. I just close my eyes, accepting the affection. "Can I take him to Minhyuk?"

"Of course. We'll have to get pictures of his bruises later, but he obviously needs some time to cool down." She says.

"C'mon, Joon. Let's go see Minhyuk." Yoongi helps me stand and walk over to our counselor.

"Come here, Namjoon." Minhyuk opens his arms. I rush into them, sniffling. "It's alright. I'm gonna take good care of you, okay? I promise, I won't let anything happen to you."

"I-I get to stay with you." I smile slightly. "I don't have to go back!"

"You're never going to see that woman again." He says.

"Joon, I see my parents....you have my number in your phone. Call me later?" Yoongi frowns.

"I-I will, hyung. Promise." I pout. "I don't want you to go...."

"I don't want to leave you either, baby but I have to. I'll call you every day. We can FaceTime too!" He smiles.

"Alright." I quickly hug him. He presses his lips against my forehead, before walking over to his parents' car.

"Ready to go home, Joon?"