Chapter 14

Nothing feels real right now. I'm living in a reality I was so certain wouldn't ever exist. I have needed him like I need air, and now I know he needed me too. All this time when I couldn't breathe he was right there to give me oxygen, but I just hadn't figured it out yet.

Without any warning, Harry leans forward and kisses me again. I want to do everything and nothing, because there's so much lost time that we have forever to make up for. I think I just want to be beside him at all times of the day. 

Harry reaches his hands to hold my cheeks, and I feel him smile when I lace my fingers through his perfect hair. This feeling will never get old and it will never be enough, no matter how many times it happens. I can't process that this is real. That we are here, in some random hotel room in a foreign country, and every word I've ever wanted to hear has just been said.

There is so much that we need to talk about and questions I want to ask. What happened on this date? Why was he crying during Fine Line? What this means professionally and where we want to go from here, but I don't care about anything other than the way it feels to be curled into him and know that the emotions swirling in me are swirling in him too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to arms wrapped around me, and Harry's body pressed against mine. This time, I know straight away who it is, but there's a second when I can't process why I'm in this position. But, then I remember everything that happened last night, and I let myself sink into his arms. There's one arm wrapped around my waist, and with my free hand I trace the eagle on the other. It's actually very pretty and more intricate than I thought now that it's close up.

Harry has an interview for a local radio station today. Once we leave this room I'm going to go back to just being his assistant, at least in front of the public, and I want to savour every moment here before I get hit with reality.

He starts stirring in his sleep, and lets out a soft sound while his head falls into my mess of hair.

'Good morning' he says, the sound muffled in my hair. 'I felt you touching my tattoo.' He adds in. I can tell he's smiling, and that makes me smile. I should be embarrassed that he felt my touch, but I'm not. 

'Definitely not.' I laugh. This is all so wildly different from everything we've ever done before, but we've fallen into this like it's natural. Second nature, and maybe it is. 'I was just thinking about how we're going to have to go back to normal once we leave this room.' I hope that my assumption we aren't going to tell everyone just yet doesn't offend him.

'Yeah. We can tell them now, if you want..but I think I like the idea of this just being ours for now. Sometimes it feels like, I guess like everyone knows everything about me. But it's up to you.' He says. He's always so kind and accommodating to me, even when he has a say in what we choose to do.

'There's so much we need to talk about and I don't want to figure it out yet. It gets too complicated when all these people want to weigh in on your life, and I just want this to be for us, for now..I think.' There are so many questions about what this means for my job and what this means when the public finds out, but my brain doesn't always work properly when I'm around Harry and I don't want to think about it right now.

'I love that idea.' He says, smiling into me again. I can tell he's about to get out of bed and I wish that he wouldn't, but there's things to do today. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and gets out of bed, stretching so I can see the leaves on his lower stomach.

It's only 8am now and neither of us have slept much, but it's impossible to feel that.

'I don't have clothes here..oh, actually I have nothing in here.' He says, realising that we're in my room.