Chapter 53

3 WEEKS LATER

'Morning, angel.' I hear a voice say and feel lips moving against my cheek. Naturally, that would be Harry.

'Hi.' I smile softly, rolling over with my head landing on his legs. His hands start drawing patterns on my back, while I look up at his face.

He has a yellow hat on his head, grey shorts and the Columbia hoodie I'm still convinced is mine, so he definitely just got back from the run he tried to make me join in on.

'Missed you on my run.' He teases, still gently running his fingers up and down my back.

'Missed you in my sleep.' I smile, turning my head away so the side of my head can rest on his legs.

'That's what I like to hear.' He laughs. 'Will I be getting my running partner back or is that..off the cards?'

'You'll get her back when she feels like waking up and going for a run.' I laugh back, closing my eyes again. I usually run with Harry a lot, but lately staying asleep has been a much more appealing option.

'That sucks.' He deadpans, and I laugh at his flat delivery, keeping my eyes closed. 'Oh..I had to tell you, Louis called this morning. He wants us in the studio at 11.'

I manage to hold in any sort of reaction to his comment, because it was actually my suggestion to tell Louis to call everyone in at 11, but he doesn't know that.

'You don't need to come in if you don't feel like it.' He continues, with his lips pressed to my cheek again.

'No it's okay, I'll come in.' I casually reply. 'Are you going to ask them today about going back home for the interview?' I ask, finally sitting up and running my hands through my hair. I'm certain that this interview is going to be the biggest of Harry's career, and I'll probably be more crushed than him if management wants to keep him in L.A.

'I was going to talk to them today, yeah.' He nods. If it wasn't for him asking about this interview and the shoot today, and the execution of my little plan with Louis, I would take him up on his offer of not going into the studio. I've been tired lately, and sleeping in for longer sounds good. Nonetheless, I kiss his cheek before getting out of the bed, and grab my phone, intending to call Louis once I'm not near Harry anymore.

'Take a shower. You smell like sweat.' I laugh from the doorway, hoping Harry follows my instruction and leaves me alone while I call Louis. To be completely honest, he smells fine, but telling him he smells bad seems like it might work. 'Did you want me to make you breakfast?'

'I already ate, that's alright.' He smiles, and then walks into our closet to find some clothes. Thankfully, I think he's going to listen to me and leave me alone to go take a shower.

As I walk down the stairs, I hear our shower turn on and I laugh to myself, pulling out my phone and calling Louis. He picks up eventually, just as I start to become worried about his dedication.

'Good morning, poppet.' Louis chirps, and I put the call on speaker and place it down on the counter. I didn't think the term poppet would stick around, but ever since his little tweet the morning after the video of him and I was leaked, it's the only thing he calls me. 'Let me guess why you're calling. You want to make sure I don't forget them.'

'You know me too well.' I laugh, deciding on granola and pulling open the fridge to locate the milk. 'Do you have the gift bags too?'

'The box is already in my car, and the bags are in the box, so quit your stressing.' He teases, while I open the milk and nearly gag at the smell. I quickly screw the lid back on and check the use by date, only to find this milk should still be fine for a week. It's not clumpy, so I think it's fine to drink, but it just smells terrible.