Chapter 21

TWO MONTHS LATER

After Harry kissed me in front of everyone, things got pretty awkward. Of course, there were a few people that already knew, but that didn't stop the many that didn't from watching in shock. Nobody really knew what to say, including Harry and I. After what seemed like forever, Harry apologised to everyone for what they had just witnessed. Nobody else said anything, but we knew we were going to be getting a grilling once the night was over.

As expected, our phones were blowing up with calls for the rest of the night. Mostly texts from Jeff, but plenty from other friends in his team. More people saw this coming than we had thought, so although people were shocked, they weren't surprised. It's strange that everyone saw it coming before either of us did.

After Brisbane, we only had two shows left of the tour, these ones in New Zealand. One in Wellington, and the other in Auckland. Everyone slowly started accepting that Harry and I were together, but when we were around his team and at shows, we always remained strictly professional. Although there were a few more concealed touches, we tried to act relatively the same as we always had. Despite everything else, I was still working for Harry, and that meant we needed to act as such. In one world, I was his assistant, and the other his girlfriend, and we tried to keep those two worlds separate. Apart from our conversations with Mitch, Charlotte and Sarah, we didn't really speak much to anybody about the other half.

Things slowly fizzled out between Mitch and Charlotte, and they ended up both mutually agreeing they were better off as friends. Charlotte told me the conversation was awkward, but now they act like nothing ever happened. They're closer than ever, but it's pretty obvious they're just friends. I still wonder why it never worked out between them, but I guess I'll find out one day.

As soon as the tour ended, everyone separated. Some went on holidays, others stayed in New Zealand for extended trips, but most flew back to their respective homes. Harry's team is composed of people from London and the U.S., so everyone went their own way. Harry wanted to fly back home to Holmes Chapel to see his mom and sister, and he begged me to come with him. He didn't really have to beg, because I agreed the first time he asked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 DAYS AFTER THE TOUR ENDED

Since my life basically revolves around Harry, I've spent a lot of time with Anne. We get along really well, and she tells me that I'm like a daughter to her. The feeling is mutual, because I love Anne as much as I love my own mom.

When we arrive at Anne's house, we're both exhausted, but I can tell how happy Harry is to be home and see his mom. Harry bought this house for her, and it's beautiful. It's not too big but not too small, and it's a house you enter and instantly feel at home. The exterior is all brick, accented by black edged windows and a black roof. Anne loves to garden, and that's made evident in the perfectly green grass and beautiful flowers that cover her front yard.

As soon as Harry knocks on the door, it swings open.

'Harry! Sophie! I've missed you both so much!' She grins, and pulls us both into a hug. Anne has always been so kind to me, and my heart warms in her presence.

'I've missed you so much too mom' Harry smiles, and kisses her on the cheek. Harry loves his mom more than anything, and I'm so glad he's able to see her again after being away for so long. Harry's accent comes out more when he's home and even though we've only been in the country for 4 hours, he sounds so much more British already.

'It's lovely to see you too Anne!' I muffle, while pressed into her chest. Eventually, she lets us both go and beckons us inside.

'Come in the two of you, it's so cold out here.' She says, while trying to grab some of our luggage, and signals for us to follow her up the staircase. The minute I step through the door, I get hit with the smell of some sort of baked good. Along with gardening, Anne loves to bake, and in the time I've known her, she's provided me with some of the best slices, tarts and cookies I've ever eaten.