Chapter 52

For those who don't know - Changes is an actual song, co-written by Harry and recently it was given to another artist, Cam. She's signing the whole song, but the whistling is actually Harry. The song is from her album that came out on October 30th and I've linked it here if you haven't heard it and would like to listen to get a feel for the song.

This chapter is a special one.

Once Livvy had returned from college, all of us ate dinner. Unaware of everything that had happened, Livvy told us all about her day, and my mom informed her on Harry's donation. All things considered, it was much less awkward than it could've been. My dad didn't speak, probably feeling guilty, so as a result, I took the liberty of speaking to him privately about the events of the night afterwards.

So, as I walk back into my bedroom, honestly just ready to go to sleep like the rest of the house, I find Harry sitting in the middle of my bed. The room and the sky outside are dark, with the only light in the room coming from the lamp he turned on. He has his notebook opened out in front of him, holding his guitar and playing the same tune I've been hearing for weeks now, with a curl hanging down into his face.

'How'd it go?' He asks when he notices my presence, quickly looking up as I walk towards the bed and putting the guitar down beside him.

'Alright.' I nod. 'He meant his apology, and he is sorry, but there's 5 months of feelings that have come out tonight you don't have to be okay with it.' I explain, reaching to touch the bee necklace. I'm still annoyed that this ever had to happen, and I'm upset that my dad could have felt this way for so long.

'I'd just like to talk to him. He's your dad.' Harry replies caringly. All I can manage to do is look at him adoringly, because he's just him.

'Thank you.' I smile softly, kissing him. He's such a good person and he doesn't have the slightest idea how much. 'Everyone's asleep now, though. They all went to bed.' I remember, sitting beside him and resting my head on his shoulder, reaching to hold his hand, because I just feel like it's something I need to do.

'I'll talk to him tomorrow. I don't want him to think of me like I'm someone who I'm not.' Harry says, resting his cheek on the top of my head, rubbing his thumb on my hand that is so small in his.

'It means a lot to me that you care.' I smile, even though he can't see it.

'Of course I care.' He murmurs, turning his neck to kiss the top of my head. 'I care about you and the people you love. I love them too.' He just keeps saying these things that almost make me want to cry, because he's just everything, and I feel terrible that my dad's actions made it happen.

'I'm sorry he did this.' I admit, after silence engulfs the room. 'And I'm sorry I didn't pull him up on it sooner.'

'It's okay. I understand that, I guess that my job can make this sort of stuff difficult. My life and what I do, and what comes with it, is abnormal. I guess I can..understand where your dad is coming from.' He says. He's such an angel and he has no idea, but I don't know when this change of heart happened and I don't want it to have been brought on undeservingly.

'But it's not fair on you, because you didn't do anything-'

'Shh, it's okay.' He whispers, stopping my running thoughts like he's always been able to do. 'I'm okay.' He promises, silencing my running mouth and mind by kissing me, to tell me that he is okay.

'Thank you.' I murmur. It's not just a thank you for always being so understanding, but it's a thank you for everything that he is, and everything that he does.

Silence blankets us, with my head on his shoulder and my hand in his. 

'I want to play you Changes.' He says quietly after a while, like he's unsure. 'I want to tell you what it means.' Him writing me this song means more to me than he'll ever know, but I don't ever want to overstep when it comes to him and what he's writing. That's personal, and it's therapeutic for him, and I won't ever push him to tell me about feelings that he's only comfortable to express through writing.