Chapter Eight

After a long day at the bakery, I headed home to find Akira all dressed up to go on a date with Zac her current boyfriend.

"Kiki, how do I look?" She asked twirling around.

"Pretty... what's the occasion?"

"Zac is taking me on a surprise date. I'm so excited." She squealed. I debated if I should tell her about Ethan or should I wait for a perfect time. Deciding on the latter I kept quiet.

Watching her leave, I walked into the kitchen to find my dad plating some delicious pasta, for himself and I. It's always a good feeling to come back to homemade food, and I have to say Daddy makes the best food after mum. Lucky me!

"Would my princess like water or apple juice?" Dad asked, making me halt at the word princess. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks and I smiled.

"Water please."

After dinner, I went to my room to have a good hot shower and relax on my bed. Wearing my white set of pjs and letting my slightly wet hair down, I laid on my bed and grabbed my phone, that was on charge. As I turned it on I noticed Ethan's messages and missed calls.

6 missed calls from Ethan

Just got home, call you in 15. 8.45pm

I don't think I'm very patient. Call me ASAP. 9.10pm

That's it princess, I'll be at your place at sharp 10. 9.40pm

My eyes widened at what I just read. How long did I actually shower for. Ugh! I immediately checked the time and it was 9.56pm. Is he really going to come? Without a second thought I called him right away. And he picked up in two rings.

"Kiara?" His voice sounded so good saying my name.

"Hi, I'm sorry I left my phone on charge and went in for a shower. Are you busy?" I could hear noises as if he was outside.

"I'm driving to your place right now?" He said as if it wasn't a big deal at all.

"What? No, you can't Ethan!"

He laughed, "Yes I can princess, I'm just around the corner, come, open the door!"

"Ethan, my dad's home. No! Go back" I began to panic.

"Want me to knock instead?"

"Nooo.. errr Ethan I haven't told dad anything, you can't show up in the middle of the night like this."

"Okay, maybe I'll tell him about us then..wait, let me go ring the doorbell." I knew he enjoyed this way more than he should.

"Fine waitillcomeoutsidemonkey." I muttered through my teeth.

"Huh?" He asked in an amusing tone.

"Wait, I'll come outside.... I have to sneak out, give me a minute." I said and hung up.

I tiptoed downstairs to find all the lights switched off and dad's room door closed, which meant he's gone to sleep. Phew! I carefully slipped my shoes on, then quietly opened the door and walked out into the front driveway to find Ethan leaning against his car eyeing me the whole time. He looked so good even in casuals, but what made it awkward for me was that I was wearing my funny pjs with damp hair, looking like an absolute mess beside him. As I stood in front of him, the nervousness began,

"Ethan, you can't do.." A squeal left my mouth as he just dragged me by waist to his chest, the close proximity we had made me forgot my words.

"I had to see you princess." He smiled so genuinely I could just melt. My hands were resting on his chest while I was looking into his eyes, feeling his steady heartbeat.

"You saw me this morning. Remember?" I spoke.

"I know, but it wasn't enough."

"Hmm, go now I hope no one sees us." I said looking towards my house.

" I don't care if anyone see us." He shrugged.

"Ethan how about a video call tomorrow? You need to leave now. Please?"

He leaned into my face. "A kiss before I leave maybe?" He asked looking into my eyes and down my lips. Am I ready to have my first kiss? Before I knew it I nodded my head shyly. With in a second his lips were pressed against mine, while his hands were holding me in place. It felt so right, I've always wondered how my first kiss would be and this is more than how I had imagined it. I was just following his pace, it was a beautiful and sensuous kiss. Just perfect!

Resting our foreheads together Ethan spoke, "Baby I'm gonna go now. Go back to sleep, I'll see you tomorrow."

I wished he could stay longer, loving the feeling of being in his arms felt so right. Still feeling dazed with the kiss I was unable to speak. "Hmm.." I nodded. Ethan pecked my lips one more time before asking me to walk into the house and after I reached the door he drove off. As I locked the door I realized one thing.... I miss him already.