Chapter Seven

The next day at the bakery was quite busy, having to make plenty of customized cakes that had to be delivered today. I was working with a few girls at the bakery putting up last minute details to the cakes and packing them up in boxes, when Andrew arrived. He was a wedding planner and today he came in to order a wedding three tier cake for a ceremony he's planning.

"Hey gorgeous!" He greeted happily.

"Andrew hi! Come in.." I invited him to the office to plan the perfect looking cake he wanted. He explained the details and when he wanted it to be ready.

"You never let me down Kiara, and this time I have to tell you the expectations are high. I can't wait to look at the final output." Andrew sounded excitedly.

"You don't have to worry Andrew..." I was cut off by the customer who entered the confectionery, in all his charming glory. There stood Ethan ordering a coffee and paying the cashier and picking it up. Even today I could see how the women were gawking at him. And he clearly didn't even care to look their way. For a minute I forgot about Andrew, Oh no.. "Umm.. as I was saying Andrew, you don't have to worry about anything. I'll call you when the structure is ready okay?" I gave him a small smile.

"Sounds good!" He gave me a side hug, just then Ethan entered into my office. Before I could greet him, Andrew beat me to it.

"Ethan Lancelan? Hello sir, read so much about you, I can't believe you're here. It's a pleasure to meet you." Andrew stretched his hand out.

"Likewise." Ethan shook his hand rather sternly. He then diverted his eyes to me with a serious expression on his face. Then he moved away from the entrance for Andrew to leave.

"I'll see you Kiara." He said before he left, nodding at Ethan.

Now that it was just the two of us alone again, I began to feel nervous just like yesterday. Wait why is he here? Before I knew it, he was seated with one leg over the other sipping his coffee.

"Hi, umm what brings you here today?"

"I came to see you.." He said looking straight at me.

"Okay what is it about? Any changes with the party plans we made yesterday?" I asked because that was the only thing that we both handled together.

"No, that's all fine. Whose that guy by the way?" Ethan asked. Why was he curious?

"Andrew? He's a wedding planner, came here to make an order." I shrugged.

Ethan placed his cup on the table and stood right in front of me, straightening his suit, only then I realized my face was only facing his chest and I had to crane my head all the way up to see him in the eyes. His beautiful green orbs. stupid brain.

"If that's all he is then he better maintain a damn distance." He spoke coldly. What's with the mood swings now?

"That shouldn't be any of your concerns Ethan. This is my place and you can't order me around here like how you treat your employees." I raised my voice. He's not the boss of me.

"Your place?" He seemed amused with that fact. "Well, princess you see... a man like me is capable of many things. Ethan Lancelan, the name is just enough for me to take over your little sweet shop. I could do it this minute, even without your permission. So I advice you to watch your pretty little mouth." He threatened. Those words alone made my heart drop. Maybe I should tell my dad, he'll do something about it. Then again what if he can't? What would I do if Ethan does anything to my business, all sorts of things began to mess my head. Before I knew it my eyes began to glisten. jerk!

My thoughts were broken when I heard Ethan laugh. Why is he laughing? Is he happy because I'm about to cry?

"I was joking princess. My mom would kill me if I did anything to hurt you. Guess she likes you? Can you calm down now?" He spoke, I haven't felt so relieved in my whole life.

"You wouldn't do such a thing right?" I had to reassure.

"Of course not!" He chuckled.

After an intense conversation I looked down, not knowing what to do or say.

"That was mean." I mumbled to myself but he heard it. Before I could walk away he held my wrist, making me look up.

"I know, didn't mean to hurt you. Never thought you'd be a cry baby." He teased while I tried to pull my hand away but he didn't let go.

What's wrong with him? What if somebody sees us, what will they think?

"What do you want? Why are you here Ethan? Let go of my hand!" I was pretty annoyed by this guy, completely ignoring the tingles I'm getting from him.

"I wanna know if you would like to hangout sometime? That's why I stopped by to ask you." He asked casually. Am I dreaming or what? Maisie is gonna freak out when she finds out this happened. oh my god.. oh my god.. oh. my. god. Oh wait! I'm freaking out already.

I thought for a moment and shook my head,"I'm sorry Ethan. I don't think I have any time for that." I lied.

"You suck at lying princess. Why are you saying No?" He let go of my hand, and placed his it into his pocket.

"I have no time, I told you." I stepped back.

"Fine I'm gonna consider taking over this sweet shop. I really like the location." He said casually looking at his watch.

"Ethan!" Yup, that was all I could say.

"Spit it out. What's stopping you? When in the world had I to convince a girl to go out with me?" He sounded frustrated and cute. Haha seriously cute!

There's no harm. Let's just say it. "How could I wanna hangout with you when all you do is use and throw girls? There's plenty of women out there Ethan, I'm sure hundreds of women wanna hangout with you right now. Why ask me? And plus you threaten me to go out with you? Who even does that?" I put out everything I felt.

"Kiara, I'm only asking you. Why would you believe the stupid magazines when you don't even know me. How about take this as a chance to get to know me, huh? Yes, I've been with plenty of women, but they come to me willingly, I don't force anyone." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, in your case. You're different and I like that, something about you pulls me towards you and I don't wanna miss the chance. I feel like if I don't ask you out now, some asshole might snatch you away." He sounded sincere.

"I don't know what to say..." I dragged.

"Yes or no Kiara?" He sounded cold again. Is he gonna blackmail me over my bakery again? Oh dear!

"Just talk right... Get to know each other? Nothing else?" I bit my lower lip in doubt.

"Nothing else? I don't know about that honey, but I truly want to get to know you, spend time with you. Maybe even show you I'm not the playboy they portray me to be." He spoke.

Feeling a little heat creep up to my cheeks I just nodded.

"Use your words princess."

"Yes, okay." I agreed.

"Good!" He smirked.

Curiosity got the best of me, "What did you do last night?" I asked, dreading his answer is gonna hurt me already.

"Last night?" He asked confused.

"Yeah."

"Signed a few papers, ate and slept. Why? You already sound like a possessive girlfriend." He laughed.

Relief washed over me, "What about that women you spoke to in the car yesterday?" I reminded him I heard their conversation.

"Oh shit!" He chuckled, "I forgot about it, to be honest. Since last night all I've thought about was how to ask you out, and I'm relieved I did it." He told me.

"Anyway princess, I've gotta head back to work. I'll call you tonight. Don't fantasize about me too much while I'm away." He pecked my cheek before walking away.

"I would never do that." I spoke for him to hear.

"Your blush says otherwise." He smirked before leaving.

Just like that... I was wearing a stupid smile on my face the whole day. Ugh Ethan! What have you done?!