Chapter Twenty Two

Today for lunch, I was going to meet up with Maisie, and right now I was getting ready for work. Ethan insisted that he would pick and drop me to work from now on.

All throughout the drive he held my hand, "so I'm meeting Maze for lunch today

All throughout the drive he held my hand, "so I'm meeting Maze for lunch today." I informed Ethan.
"Nice, is it something important, or are you girls just hanging out?"
"Um I don't know, she said wanted to talk to me. And I'm thinking there's something going on between Michael and Maze." I told him with a grin.
"For sure! He can't shut up about her, she's got him wrapped around her finger already." As I heard Ethan say that, I felt so happy for my dear cousin.
A few minutes later we got to my bakery and I opened the door to leave, when Ethan held my elbow.
"Yeah?" I looked quizzically at him.
"Where's my good bye kiss?" He raised his eyebrow. I giggled and leaned to his side and pecked his lips, "goodbye!" I said earning the same reply from him.

Lunch time with Maisie
"So tell me.." I asked as we made ourselves into the restaurant.
"Let's order first, I'm so hungry." Maze replied while looking through the menu. I rolled my eyes and when the waiter came we gave out our orders and then I was waiting for her to open up. She's really testing my patience here.
"What's with the look Kiki?" Maze gave me an innocent look.
"Are you gonna tell me or not?" I tried to sound serious.
"Okay okay, so..." she dragged.
"So?" I repeated.
"Michael wants to take me to meet his parents this weekend.. and I'm so scared I don't know what to do.." she squealed sounding hyped and nervous.
"Oh my god that's great Maze, I wanna see you two together sometime."
"Oh look, this was last night.." Maze pulled her phone out and showed me pictures of Michael and her together, smiling and laughing. They seriously look so happy together.
"How's Akira?" She inquired suddenly.
"She's... okay. Why?" I answered unsurely. What kind of sister am I being?
"No I saw her yesterday hanging out with her boyfriend.. what's his name?" She thought.
"Zac?"
"Yeah Zac, but they seemed to have an argument or something, I watched them from a distance but had to run when Michael arrived." Maze said and I began thinking, I couldn't see Akira the whole day yesterday. I would have known if something bad happens, she tell me right?! I kind of lost my appetite after hearing this. I wanted to call my sister as soon as possible.
"Maze let me talk to Akira," I told her grabbing my phone from my bag and calling my sister.
"Sure.." she smiled weakly.
The phone rang for quite sometime before she picked it up.
"Kiki?" She answered not sounding her usual self.
"Akira? Where are you?" I asked.
"Umm home. Not in the mood to go for classes so.."
"Is it because of Zac? Is he troubling you?"
"Kiki w..why are you asking?" She stuttered, this isn't the normal Akira.
"You told me about the breakup so I was wondering if he's troubling you, that's all." I replied coolly not wanting to scare her or anything.
"Oh.." she replied in relief, " I'm fine sissy, just exam stress." She laughed, which I'm hoping was a genuine one.
"And dad told me about you and Ethan.. finally Kiki. So so happy for you, and bring me a treat tonight!" She demanded, finally my sister sounded normal.
"Sure silly, see ya!" I laughed and hung up. After putting my phone away, "she seemed okay, I hope she isn't hiding anything from me." I told Maze.
"She'll tell if there's anything babe. Don't stress." Maisie reassured me before we began to eat.