Chapter Thirty

Once I was done at the bakery, Ethan picked me up and we headed for dinner.
"How are you feeling?" He asked gently stroking my thigh.
"I'm okay.." I smiled at him and played with his fingers that were on me.

At the restaurant...
"So did you know that Michael was gonna propose?" I asked Ethan as he was looking through the menu.
He glanced up at me, "oh yeah! I knew but I completely forgot about it after what happened with Zac."
"Oh.. there's the engagement party, day after tomorrow." I told him.
"Hmm I know baby." He spoke least bothered about the topic.
"You're coming right?" I asked.
Ethan looked at me and was about to answer when the waiter arrived to take the orders.
" I don't know Kiara, it's gonna a busy day at work. I'll join you later during the party. Okay princess?" He gave me a slight smile.
"But..." I hesitated.
"But?" He questioned.
"I wanted to go with you." I pouted.
Ethan gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "Baby, I'll join you as soon as I'm done with work okay?"
"It's always work that comes first for you Ethan." I pulled my hand away and crossed it over my chest.
"Before you.. yes! Not anymore Kiara. You're all that matters. Plus it's a small party, no big deal. I'll be there with you before you even know it. Now let me hold your hand." He motioned his fingers for me to place my hand on his.
I sighed and placed mine over his. "Fine!"
~~~~~

Turning on the lights of the living room, I noticed how dad had already gone to bed so I went into Akira's room. I opened the door quietly to check if she's asleep, but luckily she was wide awake watching a movie. As soon as she saw me walk in, Akira ran up to me and hugged me so tightly.
"Hey.. Akira I can't breathe" I managed to speak.
"Kiki I'm sorry, I just... I never thought you'd get me out of this mess." She said letting me go.
"I mean.. it was Ethan and you.. I don't know how I'm gonna repay you.." I cut her rambling off by placing my finger over her mouth.
"Akira, it's over. You don't have to repay anyone. You're my sister silly. Besides this has taught you a really good lesson. You need to be careful. If it wasn't for Ethan, I don't know what I would have done." I told her everything that happened because she had to know what kind of guy she had been spending her time with. It all dawned on her and she seemed much more understanding to what I told her.
~~~~~~

The following morning I was getting ready for work.

Ethan said he'll be here in thirty minutes, so I walked downstairs, had my breakfast with my family and walked out the door to meet him

Ethan said he'll be here in thirty minutes, so I walked downstairs, had my breakfast with my family and walked out the door to meet him. He stayed in his car, whereas usually he stands outside and kisses me before leaving. Assuming he's having a bad day I let it slip and opened door, and sat in. I glanced at Ethan and he didn't even look up from his phone. It seemed like he was typing something important. I kept nibbling on my lip hoping he'll look up at me or at least start driving.
"Morning!" He glanced my way for a second, and then wore his sunglasses and began to drive.
"Good morning.. are you okay?" I asked quietly.
"Mhmm, why?" He asked completely focused on the road.
"Nothing." I answered quickly and kept silent.
It felt so awkward, Ethan never bothered to hold me, no smiles or jokes. He didn't look mad or pissed either, just his cool and collected self, but he never acknowledged my presence. It gave me weird thoughts.
Once we arrived at the bakery, he looked at me with a tight smile. "Umm Kiara?" He called before I could open the door.
"Yeah?" I asked eagerly expecting him to say something nice to me.
"You think you could arrange a ride home tonight? The boys wanted me to go to the club with them." He asked casually.
"O..okay I'll call dad." I gave him a small smile.
"Good." He took my hand and pecked it.
"Okay bye." I walked out of the car, and went into the bakery, Ethan waved at me and drove off. Something felt so off about him today, I couldn't figure out what it was though. Thanks to my over thinking skills, I began to think if I wasn't good enough in bed for him. Or if he was only after that and now that we've had sex, he's going to move on with someone else. My heart clenched at the thought. Plus he's going to a club tonight, as far as I know it's the best place to find a girl for the night. Knowing how women throw themselves at him. A part of me said he's only having a busy day at work and will be alright by tonight.
With all these thoughts about him, I began my day at the bakery.