Chapter Fourteen

Before Ethan left for his flight, he came home to say goodbye. It was going to be a difficult one week. He also managed to text me all the way to the airport until he boarded on his personal jet. We shared a kiss before he left and it made me realize that he would miss me just as much as I was going to miss him. The following morning he let me know that he landed and was safe. Sadly we weren't sure when we'll be able to speak on the phone so, I was trying to not think about it too much. It was quite busy at the bakery and when I was home I would keep doing stuff to have my mind occupied.

After a day at the bakery, Maisie and I went out to shop for our dresses for the party. We entered the mall and went through plenty of dresses. Maze had chosen a gorgeous royal blue dress that fit her so perfectly.

While I still hadn't found a dress that caught my eye

"Kiki, I'm tired babe. We've looking at every dress you tried and they looked so good on you and yet you aren't happy." Maisie whined and whined during the last few minutes. Suddenly a dress in a store that we happened to walk by stole my attention. Dragging my cousin to the dress I watched as she dropped her jaw.
"Kiara this is it! Try it on." She pushed me with the dress into a fitting room. Stripping down I slipped the dress on me and it felt light and simple and just perfect. I loved it. I walked out to Maze with a satisfied grin on my face and did a 360 for her to see.
"Oh my god Ethan should see you in it. The man is already head over heels wonder what happens after that." She wiggles her eye brows.
"Stop it silly!" I blushed at the thought of him seeing me in this dress. "Do you like it or not?" I asked trying to hide my red face.

"It's perfect!" Maisie squealed.

After paying for the dress we walked to a few stores when suddenly someone patted my shoulder

After paying for the dress we walked to a few stores when suddenly someone patted my shoulder. I turned around to see Michael with a boyish grin.
"Hi Michael, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well I just dropped by to look for a suit for the party this weekend." He shrugged and then noticed Maisie beside me.
"Umm, this is my cousin Maisie, and Maze this is Michael, one of Ethan's friends." I introduced them.
We spoke for a bit and left to grab a taxi, "he's hot!" Maisie spoke earning a chuckle from me.
~~~~~~

Three days after Ethan left.
I had a text last night from Ethan saying he missed me and that I was on his mind all throughout, that alone just lightened up my mood instantly. Four more days to go and I'm hoping I have the patience to wait till then. I was sketching some wedding cakes when I saw Maze talking to her mum (aunt Linda) at the cashier, and at that moment she gave me a small smile and walked into the office area.
She seemed very dull for some reason.
"Hi, what's wrong?" I walked up front to Maisie.
"Kiara, I came across this in the morning and I don't want to hide it from you. You'll benefit nothing by me hiding this from you. And that's why I came here because you got to see it yourself." She said in all seriousness, making me feel worried about what she was going to say.
"What is it Maze? You're scaring me."
She sighed before pulling out today's newspaper from her bag, and pointed to its headlines.

Hottest billionaire Ethan Lancelan, gets cozy with rumoured girlfriend Samantha Cruz while on vacation in Switzerland.

It literally felt like my heart dropped and my body became numb, reading the headlines and then my eyes travelled to a pictured snapped by the media showing Ethan walking in front wearing a suit and Samantha clinging to his elbow while they were walking out of a high end restaurant, surrounded by a few other men looking like bodyguards. It also said they have been together for awhile, which had old snaps of Ethan and Samantha in a club and more pictures of them entering a car and going to a hotel. Before I knew it my eyes had become blurry and tears fell on the paper. I knew it was too good to be true. How did I give in so quickly, after all he was a player, Chandler wasn't joking. Did Stella know? Why did she still try to bring me and Ethan closer? Why was I so stupid to forget everything about him and fall for him just like that? Stupid Kiara!