Chapter Seventeen

I went into the washroom and stared at myself in the mirror. Adjusting my hair and smoothing out my dress, I spent about ten minutes in there just to kill time. I finally walked out and went through the corridor to meet up with my sister and Maze, when I felt some one grab my arm.
"Heyy Kiara... " it was Jake and his words slurred so much, he was drunk and smelt disgusting.
"Jake? What are you doing here?" I spoke trying to free my arm but his hold was pretty firm.
"I followed you gorgeous.. I had to make sure no one does something to you when you're all alone.." he walked really close to me.
"Umm I'm fine. I have to go, my dad must be looking for me." I tried to walk past him, but he pulled me by the waist, keeping me so close to his drunken self. His breath made me nauseous. His hand roamed on my bare back making me shiver in fear.
"Jake let me go!" I tried to sound brave, but on the inside I was shaking so much.
"Not so fast baby." He sniffed my hair like a creep. Before wasting any second I stomped on his foot with my four inch heel and he screamed in pain. He let me go that instant and before I could get away he held my wrist...
"Kiara?" I turned around to see Nick, he threw his cigarette bud into the grass and ran to my direction.
"Get your fucking hands off her man!" Nick growled and that was the first time I've seen him so serious. Jake didn't seem to let go though, he just laughed like it was a joke.
"Nick I think he's drunk.." I said still trying to pull away.
"Who the hell are you to say that.. huh?" Jake spoke and with in a second, he fell to the ground when Nick gave him a blow on the jaw. I screamed as I watched Jake's unconscious body on the floor.
"Is he... is... Nick! Is he dead?" I hadn't realized the tears rolling down my cheeks.
"Calm down Kiara, the fucker's drunk. He'll wake up once he sobered up. Don't worry. Come let's get you to Ethan." He spoke while pulling me away from Jake's drunk unconscious body. Oh no Ethan! Think think think..
"Nick I don't feel so good.. I'm gonna go home with my sister now." I said stopping in my tracks. "Can you not tell anyone about this tonight, I don't want to ruin the party. Please?"
"I don't think that's a good idea Kiara, Ethan needs to know about this." Nick spoke in all seriousness. He wouldn't care even if you told him, I wanted to say it out loud. "It doesn't matter Nick, I'm safe now and thank you!" I smiled at him. "Bye now, enjoy the party." I gave him a wave and walked into the party to meet my family. I quietly walked in and sat with my cousin like nothing happened. Watching Ethan once again I noticed him speaking to a bunch of men, they didn't seem like they were friends but more like a group of business men having a chat. As for Samantha, she was busy talking and signing autographs to the people who came up to her.
"Kiki let's go home I'm so sleepy." Akira yawned.
"I'm tired too.." I spoke leaning on the chair.
"Guys let's go home, I'll drive you both, let uncle Warren come by himself in his car." Maze spoke up.
I walked up to dad and told him that we were leaving.
"Kiara darling, where have you been Ethan kept asking for you." Stella spoke to me on my way back. I didn't know what to say to her.
"Umm Stella, I- " I was cut off..
"Kiara?" I froze when I heard his stern voice.
"Where have you been?" He held my arm and turned me around.
"Ethan... I umm .... I was here from the beginning, why?" I asked feeling awkward that my dad was like a few feet away from me and Stella right beside us.
"Why? Seriously? Where's your phone?" He kept asking me questions.
"I left it in my clutch, Ethan let go of my arm, my dad's here." I wiggled my arm out of his hold. Stella gave me a smile and walked away.
"Baby, I'm back after a week and you don't even care to call me or come speak to me when we're in the same room? What's wrong?" He asked inspecting my face closely.
"I'm just tired, really tired Ethan. I wanna go home." I looked down.
Ethan held my hand and pulled me, "Ethan no, I'm not going anywhere with you now." I stopped him.
"We need to talk, come!" He gritted his teeth. How can he be mad right now when I should be the one to be mad at him for using me and pretending like he cares now.
"Maze is waiting for me..."
"I don't give a fuck Kia..." Ethan was cut off by Nick.
"Hey Eth, let Kiara go home now. She needs to rest. She'll talk tomorrow. Right?" Nick asked the last bit near me and I nodded.
"What the fuck is going on?" Ethan chugged down his glass of alcohol. "I fly down here from a long god damned flight to see you and here you're ignoring me for who knows what? And this asshole is talking on your behalf. What the actual fuck what happened to you Kiara? Use your words now! Talk to me!" He growled at me and Nick. Thankfully we were beside a window and we hadn't attracted anyone towards this drama, and most definitely not my dad.
"Hey man, the Harrison's are here.." Chandler called Ethan, "wait!" He replied showing his index finger but his eyes focused on me. He was still waiting for an explanation. What do I tell him? That I know about him and that actress or what happened to me today with Jake. My eyes began to sting because I held so much from him and I didn't know where to start.