Chapter Ten

After spending the morning with Maisie, which I was very thankful for I headed back to the bakery

After spending the morning with Maisie, which I was very thankful for I headed back to the bakery. As I entered I was greeted with a huge bouquet of red roses on my office table. A blush crept up my cheeks probably by guessing who the sender was already. On top of the gorgeous bouquet I found a note..

"I can't forget about last night,

the kiss we shared together.

I miss you Princess." Ethan.

I missed him too, so much. Reading the note over and over again, I couldn't stop the smile on my face. Carefully placing my love note in my purse, I began to text him.

"Hi, thank you for the roses and the lovely note. I loved it. And I think I miss you too." I sent Ethan the text and resumed work. After about thirty minutes I heard my phone buzz.

"You think? As far what I feel you haven't thought about anything else but me baby." I could feel that arrogant smirk on his face while he sent me that. Well, he wasn't wrong.

"Please remove that smirk off your face, cause you're so wrong Ethan. :P " I lied.

It showed that he read it as soon as I sent it to him. With in a second my phone buzzed, flashing his name.

"Hi!" I said quite cheerfully. I could hear some shuffling noises at the back before he spoke.

"Yes, get me the files of Harrison Corp and fix an appointment with Mr. Harrison on the 23rd of this month...." I could hear him give out stern orders to someone, before..

"Kiara?" He called.

"Yes, hi." I said quietly.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked in a more calm tone.

"Nothing Ethan, Why?"

"Be ready by 8, I'm taking you out for dinner okay?"

"Um.. okay?" I answered unsurely, what am I going to tell dad?

"What's the matter?" Ethan asked.

"Nothing.. What am I supposed to wear?"

"A dress maybe?" He suggested.. Ethan was being in such a serious mood, it made me a little anxious to talk to him.

"Okay... Why are you so serious?" I had to ask.

He chuckled, it sounded so satisfying. This is how I liked him. "I'm in the middle of work baby. That's just how I have to be. Do I sound alright now?"

"Yes, much better. Please don't call me when you're all serious.. not fun talking to you then." I smiled.

"Noted princess, I can't wait to see you tonight."

"Me too,"

"Bye now."

"Bye bye!" I replied and hung up.

~~~~~~

6pm that evening.

Convincing Akira and dad that I'll be going out with Maze and asking her to cover me up incase they ask her about it, didn't seem as easy as it sounded. It felt like a teenager sneaking out with her boyfriend without being caught. Then I went into my room to pick an outfit and settled for a black dress, with my black strap high heels.

By the time I showered and got ready it was five minutes to 8, Akira wasn't home

By the time I showered and got ready it was five minutes to 8, Akira wasn't home. She's been going out a lot lately and I made a mental note to talk to her about it sometime tomorrow. When I was being carried away with my thoughts, Ethan text me that he was waiting for me outside. I grabbed my phone and purse and walked down the stairs quietly hoping dad wasn't around. Lucky me, I heard the shower run in his washroom, I took it as the perfect opportunity to slip out of the house. Locking the door, I turned towards his flashy brand new looking car. Just then the driver's seat door opened and Ethan stepped out...

 Just then the driver's seat door opened and Ethan stepped out

Looking so damn hot, Stupid heart stop beating so fast. As he stepped out our eyes met and I gave him a small smile, as I walked closer to him he held his hand out for me take which I did eagerly.

"You look gorgeous." He spoke so gently, his eyes raking all over me.

"Thank you and you look....handsome." I giggled looking up at him, Ethan pecked my lips before taking me to the passenger seat. He drove while caressing my hand. It made me think how caring and gentle a man like him could be, though the first look at him, anyone would think of him as a cocky rich businessman.

"What are you thinking about..hmm?" Ethan asked.

I looked his way and shook my head, " Where are we going?"

"It's a restaurant, one of my friend's opened it in a secluded place. It's got a peaceful and quiet ambience, I loved it there. And I thought you'd like it too." He spoke while driving.

"Sounds lovely." I replied.

After another 10 minutes of driving, we stopped at a stunning looking restaurant, dimly lit surrounded by lots of greenery.

"Wow, this place is so beautiful.." I gaped out the window.

"I'm glad you like it.." Ethan spoke before walking to my side of the car and opening the door for me.

He walked beside me, holding hands as we entered the spectacular building.

"Mr. Lancelan, this way please." A courteous gentleman spoke.

We followed him to a patio area, and on the other side of the restaurant you could see a small river flowing. The scenery alone was enough for this place to look divine. Making ourselves comfortable, I was looking at the river, when I felt Ethan's eyes on me. I looked straight at him to see him just staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're beautiful." That was all he said, and it was enough to make me blush.