Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Mission

Mateo's P.O.V.

I was having time relaxing in my couch when suddenly something hit my head.

"Ouch, Fvck!" I yelled as I looked around and saw my brother laughing. Shit.

"What the heck, Enzo?! Are you kidding me? You want a fight?!" I
said while clenching my hands.

"Easy fratello (brother), I didn't mean to. But, pufft hahaha! Your reaction is priceless." This idiot is starting to get on my nerves.

So before he would laughed at me again, I immediately punched him as I hit him in his stupid face. Yup, that's what I'm calling him.

"Tss, is that all you can do? Fratello?" He said. Then he was about to hit me when a maid interacts at our feud.

"Uhemm? Prince Enzo and Prince Mateo, the King wants to see you." Our maid said.

We both look surprise. "Fine, stiamo arrivando. (We are coming)" The two of us said as I walk first.

As we walked at the aisle, my heart also is start to race as we were close to where were going. The aisle was organized since the first monarchy and it's even has a portrait of every King who rules this realm. Too much tension.

We have already seen our Uncle sitting on the noble chair or better known as the Throne of the Vampires. Yep, our zio (uncle) is the King.

"Zio, are you looking for us? "I raised a question.

" (yes), nipote (nephew). I want to speak to you two." Ohh, so now he wants us to talk? For what?

"About what zio?" We both asked.

"I'm giving you a mission." A mission?

"Mission? What kind of mission zio?" Enzo asked.

"I want you to find the daughter of the Sànchez family and bring her to me. " He said as he stand up to his throne, walking closer to us. I stepped back a little.

"Uhmm but how can we find her zio? If we do not know her looks or place where she is." I asked her with a low face.

I do frightened of my uncle when my mamma e papà (mother and father) died. You don't know my him, he's vicious and doesn't care about everyone. You will never want to battle with him. All vampires do scared of him, not just because he is the king, he is so powerful. But I don't know what's makes him strong.

"Ohhh, that's the question. We don't know her looks but her eye color is emerald green and her location... she's in the Philippines. The only clue that she has is her necklace. It is a golden chain with a pendant 'S' and ruby ​​stone engraved. Find her and..." He stopped talking as he returned to his seat.

"Whoever of you find her and brings her here in Italy first will be my heir." I suddenly stared at him and what? Heir?

"What? Are you serious zio?" Enzo asked with a shock on his face. Even me.

"Yes, Enzo. But remember, you two have five months to find her." Fvck, is he serious? Five months?! Yes we vampire has instinct to a person but obly if we have a contact with them. That's one of the most vampires ability to track because of the smell of ther blood but that's the problem.

If I lose to this, unpleasant  things will happen to me but if I succeed... I can be the next king if it's true and soemthing bad will happen to my brother. I know this, it is not a mission, it's a game. You are deceitful Uncle. You played us!

"Wow, when we're leaving?" Yes, when? We should be looking at her now. Five months and the Philippines is too big for us to find her.

"Anytime you want and tomorrow is the starting of the countdown. Buona fortuna nipoti, sto contando su di te. Puoi andare ora. (Good luck nephews, I'm counting on you. You can go now.)" He announced as we both turned our back then go back to our rooms.

I'm still in thoughts of why us and not the other dogs that he called all of his servants to find that girl. I couldn't read his mind because of his power. I know one day I will know everything that he kept from us, not today but surely soon.

Before I could enter my room, Enzo suddenly spoke. "Good luck to us fratello." he said as he entered his room. First time in a while I saw him this serious.

What a day, I did not expect this to happen. I have nothing else to do from now so I want to take a nap. I hope this is over. It's okay for me to go to the Philippines since I can speak a numerous languages. But the sun, it's not that it hurts me bad or us, because we're the modern era of Vampires. Thanks to our ancestors.

And that's it, I'm Mateo Maximus Cosa. The only Prince of Darkness here in Italy. And my dumbhead brother? Well, he's Enzo Carlos Cosa. The Mischievous Prince of Vampire.