Chapter Eight: Moon Light Kiss

Wingless Demon

All Right Reserved

Copyright © 2014 F.K

This book may not be reproduced, transmitted, or stored in whole or in parts by any means, including graphic, electronic, or mechanical with our express written consent of the published except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical articles and reviews.

****************************

Hey readers

Thank you so much for waiting. Hope you've enjoyed the book so far and like this chapter. Please do comment on what you think. check out the sone Writer by Ellie Goulding on the side

It's very dark I know but it's all a part of the plot. Many thanks for the reads and please do Vote.

Chapter 8: Moon Light Kiss

I felt like such an idiot spending the entire day thinking about him. Amber asked me what was wrong. I just said I was full from the pancakes and I was. I felt like an idiot for it from the fork he put in his mouth. I hated him. You know you want him I glared at my subconscious she had a smug look on her face but I did. My dad came home 12pm, Ian as usual was working, and Amber had to go to work too.

It was 1pm now, dad was getting lunch ready. I couldn't help but wonder what my dad was doing; I wanted to ask him why he quit his job. I was waiting till he was in a good mood. I peaked up from my book and watched him carefully as he took the food out of the oven.

"Dad" I said extending the a sound.

"Yes pumpkin?" he knew far too well that I was going to ask something, which I didn't want him to get mad at.

"Can I ask you something? I said placing down Jane Eyre gently on the table.

"Anything" he said, I could see the confusion with a hint of worry in his eyes.

"What happened...you know...to your job" I looked up to find him a little uncomfortable. "You don't have to tell me right now, but...I was just wondering, because...we moved here for that right?" Dad never asked me anything if I wanted a topic left untouched, then he'd leave it, unless he was really worried.

"My ex-boss and I had a disagreement" his tone was clipped; I knew he didn't want to carry on. I nodded.

"So what are you doing now?" I asked, being careful to watch him and what I said, after last night I didn't want any more tension.

"I do have a job pumpkin, I opened up a D.I.Y store, it's doing quite well thanks to the Eastmen's help" dad said poking the lasagne. There it is again, Eastmen, that name, that family, that boy. Well he wasn't a boy; he must be older than me.

"Umm dad, their son, ehh Jamie, he's Elena's son right, how old is he?" I was trying to act like I didn't care, it was working dad looked unfazed, it worked.

"Her nephew and he's nineteen. He'll be in the same school as you, it's his final year." I froze at dads words. I'll be seeing him again, a lot. My heart starting racing. For the first time since dad told me about the stupid school I was excited. I mentally punch myself. Get a grip. I looked up to find my dad's back facing me, he was plating up. I causally walked over to the sink to get glasses for us.

"Why is he still in school?"

"I don't know, I never asked." Dad turned and looked at me curiously. "Why?" Crap I was swimming toward the net.

I turned to turn the tap on facing away from him hoping it would shield me.

"I was just wondering, I mean you left me with him, I thought maybe he was friends with Ian or something." I was trying so hard to sound non sealant.