Chapter 2: Confidence

(edited)

Ignoring the goosebumps on her once smooth skin, Amelia walked up to the long and dark oak doors. She wrapped her hand around the cold door knocker but before she could lift her hand to use it the door, flew open. 

There, a woman was standing. She was an inch or so taller than Amelia. Her dark and long, messy curls were pinned up. A few strands had fallen out and seemed to frame the woman's face perfectly but oh, the sinister smile that spread across her pale face.

"Oh! my darling!" the woman giggled, and quickly pulled Amelia into her embrace. Amelia hugged her back, confused at first but the woman pulled back from her with a growing smirk and she said "Well don't tell me you don't recognize your own mum!" Amelia's eyes widened. Overcome by so many emotions but her face only showed surprise. 

Without saying anything else Amelia pulled her back into a tight hug, which didn't last as long as she had hoped. A simple"Hi," was uttered as our Lia pulled herself away.

Bella then spoke up in a giggly manner, "Come! Come, you must meet everyone else!"  

The pair advanced into the manor, Amelia's eyes carefully scanning every part of the house. The ceiling was high and surprisingly a light shade of ivory, as were the walls and pillars. The chandeliers' white crystals were bright yet dusty, the floors were a simple dark wood and the windows were tall, allowing the light from outside to light up the room. It was a bit cold but at the same time, it felt warm. 

It was as close to home as she had ever felt. Amelia's view shifted to the two people standing in the large and open room. A woman who had split black and white hair, she seemed about my mother's age and a boy who had platinum blonde hair, who was evidently, my age. 

"You must be Amelia," the woman spoke, "I am Narcissa, your aunt, and this is my son Draco, your cousin," Lia cracked a slight smile at them.

"It's wonderful to meet you both," She spoke while looking between the two. 

Just as her cousin was about to say something her mother loudly interrupted, "Now if you'll excuse us sissy, I need some time to catch up with my little monster," Lia could practically hear the wide grin on Bella's face which was oddly comforting and it made her smile a little.

Narcissa and Draco left the room and Amelia was left with her mother. They sat down on the two accent chairs near the fireplace, facing each other and that was the first time Amelia had gotten a decent look at the woman. Her mother's eyes were big and gave much of her thoughts and feelings away. Bella didn't seem to hide her emotions as well as Amelia had.

"You're an awfully quiet one aren't you?" Bellatrix giggled. 

"N-no miss," she stuttered and looked down at her hands. Amelia wasn't used to someone wanting to hear her speak, she didn't know what to say. 

Bellatrix sat there studying her daughter, which, as Amelia later came to learn, she was using her Legilimency on the girl. After a while, Bella spoke again, "I know there are questions that are beating through your brain so ask away little monster." 

Amelia looked up with a confused expression, wondering how Bella knew, all she saw was a giggle and a slight head nod to tell Amelia to speak up. 

"Well, I guess the first question I have is why'd you leave me with those disgusting and horrible people?" That was the first time Amelia had raised her voice. 

Her mother replied, "I needed you to understand pain and suffering so that you would be able to come here and learn to use harness your power properly," it seemed almost cruel that a woman would put their child through that. "And I couldn't risk sending you to that bloody school, just to get brainwashed by your idiot headmaster and classmates," Bella snarked. 

Amelia nodded, her mind drifting back to when she saw her muggle parent's body collapsing at her feet. Bellatrix, again, reading her daughter's mind, grinned and said "You liked it didn't ya? Seeing their bodies go lifeless?" She got up giggling and walked over to Amelia while saying, "After the years of pain they caused you... It's a great feeling Lia!" she paused, "Don't be ashamed of what you did and how you feel!" Bella stood excitedly in front of the impressionable young girl and tightly grasped Lia's jaw to lift her head up so they would make eye contact, "You did good my little monster, and mummy is very proud," Bella smirked. 

Unknowingly, a prideful yet sinister smile spread across Amelia's face, a one that resembled her mother's. Maybe she wasn't as good at hiding her emotions as she originally thought. 

It was then when Amelia started to feel something she'd never felt before, confidence. And not just confidence but strength, she was about to become the "little monster" that she was created to be.

--------

AHHHHH ahaha I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'm currently on a week-long fall break so I'll try to update a lot this week :)) Lmk what you guys think so far!