Chapter 13: "I could think of one way.."

(edited)

Blaise insisted on going dress shopping with Amelia, she wasn't too fond of the idea but he was practically begging to tag along. The two walked around Gladrags for a while, plucking a few dresses off the rack for Lia to try on. After nearly two hours of trying dresses on, Amelia was sure that she had found the perfect dress.

She stepped out of the dressing room, a wide smile spread across her face. Blaise's eyes immediately went to her body. He studied her, up and down, seeing how the fabric cinched at Amelia's waist perfectly, looking at every fold and detail. He was speechless, it looked like he had just been kissed by Celine Dion.

The dark green dress had a soft sweetheart neckline with silver beads running down the top half, in a waterfall pattern, thinning out as it got closer to the middle of Amelia's thigh. The dress was a mix of silk underneath and a soft tulle ontop which flowed out from the waist seamlessly. It was simple and eye-catching. It had straps for sleeves but each strap had its own lightly pleated collections of tulle sewn to the top, to add to the waterfall effect of the beaded top as well as give the illusion of sleeves.

"You look bloody fantastic," Blaise stood up and went to Amelia. He put his hands on her waist and looked down at how the dress sat on her, one more time.

The girl blushed, she felt like a princess. "Thank you Zabini," she smiled and looked up at him. "Shall we?" Amelia nodded in the direction of the cashier. Blaise nodded and kisses her cheek then made his way to the checkout.

After the dress had been paid for, the couple left the store to meet back up with the other half of their group. Blaise put his arm around Amelia's shoulders and they walked around, briefly checking a few stores to see if their friends were around. 

Blaise did most of the casual conversation and flirting but Amelia couldn't have been happier. She finally felt respected, appreciated and even Harry had slipped her mind for most of the day. The more they talked, the more Amelia realized how sweet and genuine Blaise is. He was interested in their conversation, he listened to her, he did everything so easily and perfectly. She wasn't feeling as stressed out about the Gryffindor boy as she had been the past few weeks. The more involved she got with Blaise, the less Harry came to mind, and she loved it.

The couple decided to head towards the Three Broomsticks after not having any luck while looking for their friends. Instead, they ran into two-thirds of the Golden Trio. 

"Amelia!" A familiar voice shouted.

At that, Amelia turned and saw him. The Gryffindor boy with those welcoming, bright green eyes. She gave a small smile which the boy took as an invitation to come over. When Amelia noticed the boys were coming she stood up to greet them respectfully whereas Blaise stayed seated at the table, glaring at the two boys.

Harry caught notice of Amelia's dress bag on the other side of the booth, "What's in the bag?" 

Amelia began her reply, "Oh that's m-" Blaise immediately cut her off. 

Quickly standing up and snaking his arm around her waist to pull her closer, "That's her dress for the Winter Ball," he sneered at the pair. Harry and Ron shared a confused expression with each other, then Amelia. She rolled her eyes at Blaise's actions and remained in his arms, knowing that fighting it wouldn't do anything. Blaise continued, "We're going to be the best-dressed couple there," he stood with a wide smirk on his face.

Harry's face twisted in realization and his eyes darted to the girl, "Couple? You two are going together as a couple?" He stood with a hurt expression. Ron patted his friend's back and held back a small chuckle.