Chapter 10: "Darling"

Amelia and her friends just had a few more classes and then they'd be done with the dreadful week, they were set to go to Hogsmeade tomorrow. 

To no surprise, our Slytherin Princess had gotten into a few fights with random Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs over the past week. She believed it was her right to assert her dominance in order to gain respect from her peers and it did work. More people feared her than they did respect but it ultimately had the same outcome.

~

One of their final classes that week was Charms, with the Gryffindors. Which I should point out, Amelia didn't much as she thought she would. Yet much to Blaise's dismay, Harry managed to slip in the seat next to Amelia on the first day which meant they were partnered up for the rest of the term. 

Harry came nearly running into class and stumbled in his seat next to her.

"Everything okay Potter?" Amelia looked at him, holding back a laugh.

He quickly and nervously said, "Yea, yea everything good Lia! Brilliant, actually!" 

While the frantic boy rushed to get out his materials. Lia studied him, wondering what could be going on inside that scarred little head of his. 

The more she looked the more she began to pick up on his facial features. Everything from the single strands of his hair sticking on his forehead to his chiseled jaw and prominent cheek bones. Her thoughts wandered, thinking about his soft voice and compassionate composure but her daydreams didn't last long. At the realization of what she had been thinking, she abruptly turned away from him and looked back down at the table with a shocked, wide-eyed expression. She couldn't believe that she had genuinely thought that.

~

Amelia stayed behind after class to finish practicing a charm she wanted to master. The silence was claiming and being alone brought her comfort. 

Just as she walked out, a pair of dark brown eyes popped up in front of her, "Hermoine! Jesus, you scared me!"

Hermione jumped back at Amelia's response, "Sorry! But you have to come with me." The frizzy-haired brunette hooked her arm around Lia's and started pulling her in the direction of the clock tower's courtyard.

"Hermoine what are you doing?" Amelia questioned her and hesitantly followed. Of course, no reply. Soon enough, the two arrived at the courtyard and that's when Amelia saw Harry and Ron, sitting down under one of the arches. 

"I brought her!" Hermoine exclaimed as she let go of the confused girl and sat next to Ron. Amelia was confused and anxious, she had barely spoken to any of the three in the past week but not Granger was giggling and Harry was blushing?

"Can someone explain to me why I'm here?" she masked my troubled thoughts with a small laugh and took her seat next to Harry. 

Harry looked at her and spoke, "Relax, it's nothing bad. We just wanted to talk about Hogsmeade tomorrow." 

"Oh?" Amelia looked at the trio confused. Had they really wanted to just "hang out" with the daughter of a psychopath? The cousin of the boy who has been tormenting them for years?

"Oh christs' sake Harry!" Hermoine looked to Amelia and continued, "Harry wants to ask you to go to Hogsmeade with him"

Amelia was shocked initially but figured this would be a more than better way to get closer to the trio. She giggled and looked to Harry whose cheeks were now a bright pink. "Is that why you were so nervous today in class?" He nodded and looked away embarrassed. 

Although she would never admit it, for a split second Amelia was purely happy. She grew up with people not wanting to be around her and part of her always wondered if Blaise, Pansy, and Theo would still be there if Draco wasn't. "Well I'd love to go with-" she cut herself off, remembering that she already agreed to go with her other friends. She continued, "but I'm already going with the others. I'm sorry."